transferring pics to post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gwanger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
N. Illinois
Since I am not a pc guru I have been struggling a little,I have a win 10 pc. wish it was my old win 7. I have now discovered my pics from android phone have been sent to my downloads file.how do I get pics to a post that I would like to send ? Any help will make me a contributer.

I'm not sure if it's a chromebook thing, but I just open the file where the pics stored on my computer and drag them over to the open post I want them in. They show up at the bottom of the thread and you can add them either as a picture or a thumbnail.

Chris

All reply's are great if you understand the computer language. Appreciate the help but I too don't understand the process and need help from step one such as down loading to my computer on thru to final step. I have a Iphone and laptop with windows 10. I have not posted any photos since new format last Oct. In old format I had to get my neighbor to do it but don't care to impose on him all the time. Some how this should be usable by all guru's or not. Seems to be a lot of members who have problems with this it seems to be a lot questions on how to asked.

Warren

It's really easy from a PC, just open two windows. One will be SMF, and the other will be your photo album. Then highlight the photo's you want to add to your post & drag them into the text box.
You can do one at a time, or multiple one's all at once. They will show up under the text box, with the option of full size or thumbnail. Click on one or the other & they will appear in the text box.
Go to the test area & play around with it.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky