These critters here.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cute little Chipmunk on the fire pit. Next thing we know. It shoots under the chair Ann is sitting in!!
And. Last night we had a green tree frog under our RV chirping the better part of the night. Pretty peaceful noise. They kind of sound like a raccoon's chattering sound.
On the fire pit..... hmmmmmm.

How many chipmunks would it take to make taco's for 2...... gotta be like a cross between squirrel and packrat.
Man there ain’t nothing better than just enjoying nature. One thing I loved when I was deer hunting was just setting back and watching the birds, squirrels, and etc going about their day. Even if I didn’t see any deer it was still a good day.

Jim
I love to catfish at night. Look up at the stars, watch for satellites and shooting stars, and listen to the owls etc.. and just let it all float away.

Love the pics!! I have tons of squirrels here along with a lot of rabbits this year. The younger rabbits are so used to me they sit pat within few feet of me while I work in the raised beds. They just keep munching on the clover. Oddly birds have all but disappeared from my yard but I think it's because of the hawks I had in the spring. They seem to have moved on now. I saw one swoop a bird off one of my feeders in the spring.

Just remember they might be cute but will cost your a lot if they get into you cars and trucks. The introduction of environmentally friendly and easily recyclable materials added to vehicles by manufacturers. This includes soy based wire coatings and insulation, and plant based products that happen to be appealing for rodents.

Just remember they might be cute but will cost your a lot if they get into you cars and trucks. The introduction of environmentally friendly and easily recyclable materials added to vehicles by manufacturers. This includes soy based wire coatings and insulation, and plant based products that happen to be appealing for rodents.

Yep! Cost us $700 to replace a harness under my wife's RAV4. Now I have installed

Loraffe Under Hood Rodent Repeller

in both our vehicles.

Cute while camping. Not at home. If I see them. I'll live trap them. And release 10 miles from home.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We live on the very edge of a fairly large city. We are surrounded by lots of canyons (City of Canyon Country) so we get lots of wildlife around our yard. The area was burnt up pretty bad a few years ago by a huge wildfire but most of the homes were saved. With the amount of rain we have received this year the rodents are at an all time high. I do have steel mesh to keep the snakes and rabbits out but it does not stop the rodents. I have four snap traps with tunnel entrances around the yard that work very well but I have to check them every day.

Totals this year are around 30 rats, 25 mice and 10 squirrels. Squirrels have wiped out most of the fruit from my trees and are now after my grapes so I don't care how cute they look.

location.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
Check local laws regarding trapping and relocating wildlife. It is not legal to do it where I am unless you are licensed to do so.

"In order to trap and/or relocate wildlife in the State of Kentucky, you must be properly licensed through the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife (301 KAR 2:081). "

Reactions: indaswamp
As a farmer, I can legally dispatch critters that are damaging my livelihood, but they still prefer we hire it done, and that ain't happening!

Check local laws regarding trapping and relocating wildlife. It is not legal to do it where I am unless you are licensed to do so.

"In order to trap and/or relocate wildlife in the State of Kentucky, you must be properly licensed through the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife (301 KAR 2:081). "
Yup same here, other option is a pellet through their brain which I have done in the past. Show me a chipmunk that complains to fish and wild life that he was told to pack his bags as he was going on vacation to a park full of kids feeding them and I will buy you a beer. :)

Yup same here, other option is a pellet through their brain which I have done in the past. Show me a chipmunk that complains to fish and wild life that he was told to pack his bags as he was going on vacation to a park full of kids feeding them and I will buy you a beer. :)
yup. I'm not buying a trapping license when I can shoot pests for free. I have a big and small game hunting license, but even if I didn't I'd shoot first and ask forgiveness/permission later...

Not going to get my panties in a bunch over the possibility with getting questioned about relocating a chipmunk or three. Larger wildlife yes. I could drop them with my air rifle.

I have this nice little squirrel RV. It is usually filled with nice snacks for them. They eat a bit and then take a nice long nap. That is usually followed up with a quick flight lesson where they can meet up with a coyote, racoon or fox for a dinner reservation.

squirrel_trap.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H and KBFlyer
Raccoons (male) are territorial, so moving in a new male into an area with area with an already dominant male is going to cause a fight for dominance (with one or the other either dead, or the like, which is why they say not to relocate. Other species may be the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky