The Gift of Dino Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW those look amazing! Great work on them ribs
Thank you! It was a lot of fun and tasted amazing!
Damn those look amazing! Super cool of Robert to send you those. You did them justice no doubt about that. Fine cook!
Thank you! Very cool of him, pretty amazing gift! I appreciate it, actually one of my more stressful cooks! Didn’t want to screw these up🤣
My favorite meat to smoke and you absolutely nailed it, great piece of work!. I'm thinking Robert will be pretty happy when he sees your cook. RAY
Thank you Ray! I appreciate it! Quickly became my favorite to smoke too! I appreciate your time and compliment!
Everything about this post is amazing.
😀Thank you Sven!
Wow great gift and a great cook !
Everything looks perfect Jed and look on your daughter's face confirms it!

Keith
Thank you Keith! I appreciate it!
Jed, those look fantastic! Nice work
Very appreciated Civil! Just got the GR book in too, it’s been a great read and I can’t wait for this Whole30 to end so I can try something from it!!!

Reactions: 912smoker
Very appreciated Civil! Just got the GR book in too, it’s been a great read and I can’t wait for this Whole30 to end so I can try something from it!!!
You are welcome and sweet on the new cook book! I think you are going to like it!!!! We started by just doing one thing (dish) at a time then as we got them down started to expand into the whole meal deal. Just take notes on how he layers flavors together in a “complementary” way. Ie he adds a little bit of fresh this and fresh that with the “commercial” flavors to make them pop! It’s simple but magical....... had his cilantro lime rice tonight, so I’m remembering!

• Wow
Reactions: bauchjw
Great looking meal! and what can be said about Robert that hasnt already been said. He is truly a great and generous member.
Jim

Wow, late to the party on this one. I was away in PA for the weekend, I did see the pic of your daughter when you texted it to me but had not seen the post here until now. I will say it again, WOW, what a meal and as someone else said that pic has to be hung on a wall in the house!

• Haha
You can just tell she loves her daddy!

A beautiful smoke and dinner. This has just been added to my very short list of things to try! Thanks for sharing!

Most here already know tx smoker tx smoker is very generous, besides being an incredible cook and fabricator. I’m extremely grateful to be gifted some amazing CPB Dino Ribs by Robert last week and today was the perfect beautiful, sunny day to smoke them. The stars aligned and I was also able to get a bunch of Morel Mushrooms for a side worthy to share the plate!

Trimmed and rubbed with simple Salt and cracked Pepper. I left a little fat.
View attachment 630089
Onto the smoker at 275 with blended pellets…..I can’t wait for the BelFab to get done, these deserved a stick burner!
View attachment 630090
A little over 3 hours in, meat was bulging and pulling away from the bone real nice.
View attachment 630097
I’m not really sure, 7 hrs or so IT was 195 and I started probing, it was butter at 201.
View attachment 630092
View attachment 630091
While they were resting I got the peeled and cut up potatoes into boiling water, soaked the morels, and got some asparagus blanched. Once morels were clean, sautéed with some butter (I broke the whole 30 diet for the morels), garlic and scallion, then tossed in the blanched asparagus. Morels are amazing, they kept getting picked from the pan and eaten, a really uniquely flavored mushroom.
View attachment 630094View attachment 630093View attachment 630095View attachment 630096
Potatoes mashed up with truffle oil, ghee, S&P, and coconut milk (whole 30). Then moment of truth on the ribs……
View attachment 630099View attachment 630100
View attachment 630101
Beatiful smoke ring, moist, such amazing flavor. The smell of Smokey brisket on a stick filled the house.
View attachment 630102
After a bite the meat fell off the bone and we went for sliced and plated.
View attachment 630103
Such a rich and decadent cut! CPB meat is like a baseball bat of beefy flavor! Oh man it was good! The morels and asparagus held up well and stood its ground, sharing the plate with the raging beef and creamy truffle mash. If you can, get some of that CPB beef and morels too. They are both something else entirely for flavor, wow what a meal.

Thank you Robert, my family and I truly appreciate your generosity. It was an incredible meal you provided us my friend!

Thank you for your time!
OMG this looks amazing. Do you go harvest your own Morels? I have heard we have a few around here in UT just not sure where, and I know people will gladly give you their favorite fishing spot before they will share a mushroom spot.

But again thanks for sharing that all just looks amazing.

Jed been missing a bunch of posts last few days. Family stuff. Those beef ribs are off the charts good looking! Pic of your daughter is epic lol. Roberts a pretty generous fella for sure. You just inspired me to pull these out to thaw for the weekend.
IMG_20220426_162301.jpg
IMG_20220426_162311.jpg
They were given to me by Robert last year and I been lazy lol. In my defense though he sent me about a qtr cow lol. Nice work as usual bud

Wow Jed, what can I say that hasn't already been said? The whole meal looks absolutely stunning but those ribs are what it's all about my friend. That is true BBQ at it's magazine quality finest right there. That smoke ring is breathtaking as is the color you got on the ribs. Just stunning.

It was an honor and a pleasure to be even a small prat of an event like this with your family. As amazing as the meal was, that pic of your daughter stole the show. The look on her face is beyond what I can convey with my limited vocabulary but that pic needs to be framed and hung over the fireplace :emoji_wink:

Robert
So grateful Robert, for the gift and the compliment. my family had a great time and it was so fun to cook….well a bit stressful, I didn’t want to ruin such a great gift🤣

I think you’re right, that pic should be framed😀 she’s a carnivore! Your welcome to break bread with us anytime you get an itch to come back and visit your childhood home!
Semper Fi
Jed that meal looks absolutely fantastic! You did those beef ribs proud and the morels look delicious too!

Also, Great picture of your daughter. Her reaction is a testament of how good those ribs must have been.
Thank you Ray!!! It was an honor to cook and I was relieved they came out well. Those morels are killer, such a treat, not many sides can handle sitting next to a flavor bomb like those ribs! I appreciate the compliment and your time!
Jed you are right about the folks here . Everyone is a class act. Glad I found this place also

David
Thank you David! Absolutely a great group of people that keeps the tide rising. I appreciate you and your time!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Jed been missing a bunch of posts last few days. Family stuff. Those beef ribs are off the charts good looking! Pic of your daughter is epic lol. Roberts a pretty generous fella for sure. You just inspired me to pull these out to thaw for the weekend. View attachment 630298View attachment 630299They were given to me by Robert last year and I been lazy lol. In my defense though he sent me about a qtr cow lol. Nice work as usual bud
Not to derail, but I'm in. Haven't had beef back ribs in far too long...

Truly outstanding! I'll never be able to match it but one day will give it a go. Fingers crossed! Thank you for sharing such meal. I can almost taste it. Well well done.

Wow Jed! You did those justice. I love the pic of your Daughter.
Thank you Brian! It’s quickly becoming my favorite! She’s a bit of a ham🤣 I appreciate you!
Great looking meal! and what can be said about Robert that hasnt already been said. He is truly a great and generous member.
Jim
Very appreciated Jim! I agree 100%!
Wow, late to the party on this one. I was away in PA for the weekend, I did see the pic of your daughter when you texted it to me but had not seen the post here until now. I will say it again, WOW, what a meal and as someone else said that pic has to be hung on a wall in the house!
🤣Thank you Cliff! I appreciate it! When you’re crushing those ribeyes, it’s hard to concentrate🤣 I feel like time is flying and she’ll be off on her own too soon! Safe travels!
You can just tell she loves her daddy!

A beautiful smoke and dinner. This has just been added to my very short list of things to try! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Sir! It is well worth the effort!
Wow, those ribs look so, so good. I just had a snack and now I feel hungry again and the mouth is watering.
🤣Thank you Brett! You’re welcome anytime!

OMG this looks amazing. Do you go harvest your own Morels? I have heard we have a few around here in UT just not sure where, and I know people will gladly give you their favorite fishing spot before they will share a mushroom spot.

But again thanks for sharing that all just looks amazing.
Very appreciated Majja! Ha, no I don’t trust myself to harvest. My attention span is limited right now🤣 Yes, I went with some hunters a while ago in Kansas, they only took me along because I wasn’t local! I get them from King Mushroom. They are local at farmers market, but also ship in US, if you google the name their site comes up. They have great stuff! I appreciate your time!
Jed been missing a bunch of posts last few days. Family stuff. Those beef ribs are off the charts good looking! Pic of your daughter is epic lol. Roberts a pretty generous fella for sure. You just inspired me to pull these out to thaw for the weekend. They were given to me by Robert last year and I been lazy lol. In my defense though he sent me about a qtr cow lol. Nice work as usual bud
Thank you Jake! I really appreciate the compliment! I understand how life gets, it’s hard to keep up with it all sometimes. Wow! I’m with Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke ! Can’t wait to see how those come out! 🤣I think tx smoker tx smoker is the Patron Saint of Meat🤣
Jed, I too have been the beneficiary of the generosity of Robert. You have done his gift the justice it deserves...
Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment and points! We are part of a very big club!
Truly outstanding! I'll never be able to match it but one day will give it a go. Fingers crossed! Thank you for sharing such meal. I can almost taste it. Well well done.
Thank you Dude! I have no doubt that you can match it! Give it a go and have fun! Worst case scenario is meat for some chili🤣 Be sure to post your adventure with some pics and let me/us know if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Anyone else have problems with weight gain after joining this forum? I just had dinner before seeing these photos and am hungry again!
🤣Yes, weight going up and bank account down from new toys! Thank you Sir!

Reactions: OldSmoke
Ribs smoked to perfection Jed. Outstanding.

Point for sure
Chris

I have wanted to smoke some dinos for a while. Now I want to even more. I am going to seek some out, there is a meat shop nearby I will have to see if they have some.

Really nice looking cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky