Tattoos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brooksy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Hawthorne, fl
So I'm having a discussion with another member in a post and we are talking about tattoos. Makes me wonder how many of the SMF family have themselves inked. If you're inked share what you got and be proud! I have about 17 and want more! The ones that mean the most to me are my kids footprints.

I have none yet, but will be getting one next June. My daughter is graduating high school, turns 18 and has been going through a real rough time. So she has found a symble for her strength and is getting that. She informed me I was getting a tattoo the same time. I have wanted one for years, but never found one I feel in love with. I now have an idea, need the artist to carry it out.

Ok a lot of info an long, but if anyone knows someone in the central Florida area that is safe, talented and experienced. Please PM me their info, so I can continue with my homework.

Last edited:
I have one and my wife has one.  Hers is a humming bird (she loves those cute little guys) and mine is......well let me see if I can describe (can't get a good pic of it)

If you have seen the picture on the Sistine Chapel of God reaching down to the hand of man.......mine is an APE reaching down to the hand of man and in Script around my lower calf is reads Evolution in script. 

Scott

I have one and my wife has one.  Hers is a humming bird (she loves those cute little guys) and mine is......well let me see if I can describe (can't get a good pic of it)

If you have seen the picture on the Sistine Chapel of God reaching down to the hand of man.......mine is an APE reaching down to the hand of man and in Script around my lower calf is reads Evolution in script. 

Scott
Have your better half take a pic and share it with us!

Ok here ya go.  Wife thinks I'm a NUT
30.gif

All in non color shading. 

And the script!! 

C'mon peeps.......lets see some ink
biggrin.gif

When I'm in a better place I'll post the two that mean something to me! And then maybe some of the others.

Got two.  First one was from a MC rally on my right arm.  A bit more than I had intended, but it's done.  2nd on my left arm was more "planned" of a Stars and Stripes  battleflag surrounding a Celtic cross.    Can't find my digipics, have to take new ones.

My daughters got tats also, I just told them that they should be easily covered up with clothing as some folks don't approve of them.  They got more than I would have liked, but it's the "culture" of the generation.

I have 6 of them.

1. Sacred heart on right upper arm

2. Caduceus on left calf

3. Twin towers on Right calf, with Red, White and Blue eagle

4. Wife's name in Kanji style over my heart

5.  Oldest daughter's footprints on left shoulder blade with birthdate and nickname "doodlebug"

6. Youngest daughter's footprints on right shoulder blade with birthdate and nickname "peanut"....and she is allergic to peanuts....irony at it's finest

want about 5 more......at least

I've got quite an elaborate tattoo as my one and only. It contains the 2 things that are important to me in my life and a protector of those things. It starts on the side of my left bicep with a cross and ends on the left side of my chest with the 2 Kanji symbols for family (kazoku). The protector is a large Japanese dragon with it's back legs and claws grasping the cross. It's body goes up my arm and over the back of my shoulder a little and finished with it's face just before the kanji. It's currently getting finished with the shading and coloring, but we're almost there. It's been a 5 year work in progress....tattoos are expensive!

Last edited:
I've got quite an elaborate tattoo as my one and only. It contains the 2 things that are important to me in my life and a protector of those things. It starts on the side of my left bicep with a cross and ends on the left side of my chest with the 2 Kanji symbols for family (kazoku). The protector is a large Japanese dragon with it's back legs and claws grasping the cross. It's body goes up my arm and over the back of my shoulder a little and finished with it's face just before the kanji. It's currently getting finished with the shading and coloring, but we're almost there. It's been a 5 year work in progress....tattoos are expensive!
Love to see it! They definitely are expensive. I have a couple grands worth and I'm not done. I want to get a back piece of an underwater theme

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky