Food Fraud - I'm On a Hunger Strike Now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not as old as Cleoparta time, but my starter comes from the Carl Griffins starter (aka Oregon Trail Starter) from at least 1847.

Google "pink slime ground beef" and you'll buy a grinder. I had one before pink slime was exposed. I've bought exactly 1 package of store bought ground beef since.
That was one of my "on and on" list that I avoided. Never had one.
I purchase a lot of ground beef, but it comes from reliable sources

I think the practice of treating meat with carbon monoxide (CO) to retain the pink color has been halted. Anyone remember the news stories of meat packing plant workers sickened with CO poisoning?

I know I miss the good old days growing up…..had a walk-in at the house we raised and processed our own beef, pork, chickens, and turkeys. We milked our own cow, and had many hives for honey…. Oh then throw in a bunch of rainbow trout, deer, and wild bird oh plenty…..Buying commercial processed proteins just wasn’t a thing……. I say the good old days but it was the same when we lived in Ak as well. Salmon, moose, deer, and halibut….more than we could eat many times over…..

ignorance can be bliss at times but getting a good local source for proteins will help you not only eat good but sleep good to!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Just a small one but related EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) was tested in hundreds of places around the USA and about 90% of them were proven fake after DNA testing.

The one that past the test 100% of the time was Costco. We bought it from them before that and still do.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
Not as old as Cleoparta time, but my starter comes from the Carl Griffins starter (aka Oregon Trail Starter) from at least 1847.
Good luck. Every time I play that game I die of dysentery.

Oregon-Trail-810x477.jpg

OMG - Fake Calamari - you gotta listen to this podcast its act II “Dead Ringer”. The interview is hilarious but they are being serious. But it’s right on topic for this thread.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky