Sunday Pork Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
After the great brisket debacle of 2020, I figured out that I'm a big dummy, and my Yoder YS640S is working fine. (the brisket will be smoked for the 49er's championship game next Sunday...) But ... I needed to absolutely guarantee that the Yoder is fine ... so I decided to smoke a pork loin "roast" for Sunday diner.

This "roast" was 2 pork loins that were tied together. In all this piece weighed in at 2-3/4 pounds raw. I seasoned it up with Meat Church "Holy Gospel" rub. I was inspired by Bearcarver Bearcarver 's glaze for the rotisserie loin he posted, so I made a spinoff of it.

1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup bourbon
And a heathy dash of salt

After about an hour I started to lightly glaze the roast. In all it took 4 hours to come to an internal temperature of 145F. Once i pulled it off of the Yoder I placed it in a warmed pyrex container, tented it with foil, put it in a warmed cooler, and covered it with towels. I then went to my friends house where we feasted on the roast and enjoyed the vanquishing of the Seattle Seahawks.

thumbnail-5.jpeg
thumbnail-4.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky