Today’s pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
9lb shoulder cooked at 275° for 9.5 hours. Hickory and cherry wood. Rubbed with Meat Church Holy Gospel and Honey Hog. Shook in a bunch more additional seasoning once it was all shredded. Bagged up and vac sealed in 1# portions with 1 frozen apple juice ice cube I had made. Into the freezer they go for next week’s Sunday dinner with the in-laws.

IMG_7290.jpeg

IMG_7291.jpeg

IMG_7292.jpeg

9lb shoulder cooked at 275° for 9.5 hours. Hickory and cherry wood. Rubbed with Meat Church Holy Gospel and Honey Hog. Shook in a bunch more additional seasoning once it was all shredded. Bagged up and vac sealed in 1# portions with 1 frozen apple juice ice cube I had made. Into the freezer they go for next week’s Sunday dinner with the in-laws.

View attachment 674586
View attachment 674587
View attachment 674588
looks fantastic. the apple juice ice cube really piques my interest.

Reactions: DanG123
Your PP looks delicious! If you haven’t tried it before, I would suggest using a finishing sauce when you reheat it. This is one of the one’s that a lot of us use.
There are other’s on here too, you can just use the search, but this is the one that we use.
Al

Your PP looks delicious! If you haven’t tried it before, I would suggest using a finishing sauce when you reheat it. This is one of the one’s that a lot of us use.
There are other’s on here too, you can just use the search, but this is the one that we use.
Al
I have used a finishing sauce before. I usually use Chef JJ’s. However, some people seem to be very aware of the vinegar flavor and they don’t like it. I personally like it, but I’ve had some others comment that they didn’t like that vinegar taste they could detect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky