Q'ed Hickory Pork Roast and mashed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking plate of food, nothing like some homemade gravy and a piece of bread to soak it up with.

Thanks for the like and the comment

Was a very tasty meal and the gravy, what can I say fantastic.
And yes I used bread to clean up after I was done with my spoon in the gravy dish, lol

David

Reactions: TKOBBQ1
Very nice looking work. I’m sure it makes the yard work better with the smell of the BBQ. Now with rains back…I’m guessing it’s back to more yard work.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice looking work. I’m sure it makes the yard work better with the smell of the BBQ. Now with rains back…I’m guessing it’s back to more yard work.

Thanks CHP for the comment

Was a great meal and always smells nice in the yard while the smoker is rolling .

And yes today is going to be a big yard day, a lot of digging with my cordless shovel will be done.

David

Reactions: chp
Nope was not pulling your leg. Fry them like regular pancakes and slater with butter. Try and let me know.

Warren
First batch of creamed corn pancakes was so-so. I was going for the savory vibe so included some garlic and onion powder in the mix. Even with heavy butter, they just weren't that great. Next batch, I added just a quarter cup each of finely chopped raw onion and jalapeno. The jalapeno brought out the sweetness of the corn much better and I realized the savory track was not the right direction to go here. (Although it is when adding hash browns to pancakes.) With that in mind, the next morning (I had some leftovers) I poured some berry syrup on them and was pleasantly surprised with the result. Like Warren says, try it.

Another tip: the syrup was Kodiak Cakes Mountain Berry Super Fruit Syrup...incredible stuff...and my Costco had the large 32oz bottle at ~$12. Expensive for syrup, and I'm a cheapskate, but it's worth every penny. Adding some to my next berry cobbler for sure.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky