Venison, Beef, Wild Hog Salisbury Steaks, Gravy, and Homemade Mashed Potatoes.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks David. After frying the hamburger steaks, I sauteed the onions until most had caramelized and browned very well. Those two steps, plus a little dark brown roux, and the Worster sauce....yep-really dark gravy. I did add a little xanthan gum; about 1/2tsp. to 2 1/2~3qts. of gravy. That helped....

Yes , i am a big onion lover and with that and all the other steps, just wonderful. I try to easy
with the wheresyoursister sauce, I find it can take over pretty quick.

This ain't your regular pack of gravy mix gravy. Love me some good gravy

David

That plate looks fantastic ! Nice work .
I did add a little xanthan gum; about 1/2tsp. to 2 1/2~3qts. of gravy. That helped....
I made some beans in the instant pot yesterday . Came out thinner than I like .
I added some nutritional yeast to the pot . Thickened it up just right , but added something to the flavor that made me think Wow , that's good .

That plate looks fantastic ! Nice work .

I made some beans in the instant pot yesterday . Came out thinner than I like .
I added some nutritional yeast to the pot . Thickened it up just right , but added something to the flavor that made me think Wow , that's good .
I've not ventured to experimenting with nutritional yeast as of yet.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky