Spinning 2 Chickens 1st Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
DACULA GA
Greetings to all, haven't posted anything in a while.

I wanted to try this, came out pretty good. Seasoned with CBP and Garlic Powder. Here they are just put on the Roto.
IMG_4490.jpg
I have 2 chunks of Hickory on top. Here they are after an hour.
image1(2).jpeg I was too lazy to raise the lid for this pic, lol. Looking nice so far.
Fresh off the fire, looks good, skin was not crispy.
image0(2).jpeg
Final picture of the Breasts sliced. Couldn't get any pics of the Dark Meat, as it is being processed for Chicken Salad.
image2(3).jpeg
Tasted good and was juicy, wasn't very smoky. We were hoping for more smoke infusion. Definitely doing this again once I figure out the flavoring issue. Thanks for looking in.

Thanks for the like sawhorseray sawhorseray . It is a lot of fun spinning, I plan to do a lot more this Summer.

The chicken looks good to me.

I just bought a second set of meat forks for my rotisserie and got them in today. That way I can cook two birds but give them a little separation while holding them in place. I should have done it sooner since they don't cost much.

I just cooked Huli Huli chicken and used mesquite but I used a lot more chunks than that. I placed them as soon as the charcoal was white hot and let them burn. I added more as they wore down.

I hope that helps you on your next ones.

huli_huli_chicken_009.jpg

Reactions: MJB05615
The chicken looks good to me.

I just bought a second set of meat forks for my rotisserie and got them in today. That way I can cook two birds but give them a little separation while holding them in place. I should have done it sooner since they don't cost much.

I just cooked Huli Huli chicken and used mesquite but I used a lot more chunks than that. I placed them as soon as the charcoal was white hot and let them burn. I added more as they wore down.

I hope that helps you on your next ones.

View attachment 665203
I told myself I'd get a second pair of forks if this didn't work out, but it did. Yes, I thought about more wood next time for more flavor. Thanks for the info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky