Smoked Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tenpoint

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2021
I had never heard of this particular cut/roast before but saw one at the local shop and decided to try it out. Simply seasoned w/ salt/pepper. Smoked at 250 until 125 internal. Pulled it and let it rest under foil for 20 minutes. Made a chimichurri sauce for it as well. Wasn't necessary but was a nice addition. The picanha was fantastic. One of the better pieces of meat I've had. Will definitely do again.

df868b5ea9459676ab3b6a344b5227af.jpg
8660e06065a951baae763f975b1b6cca.jpg
af6a471358c144e87b4a6ab5e946da69.jpg

that looks great! I need to keep an eye out for those. I dont see them here... and Chimichurri! man I love that stuff.

Great cook!

Reactions: tenpoint
that looks great! I need to keep an eye out for those. I dont see them here... and Chimichurri! man I love that stuff.

Great cook!

Yea I saw it elsewhere a few weeks ago and then randomly saw one in the case and just had to try it. Talk about tender and juicy. Only took an hour too.

Very tasty along with Chimichurri. I did one Weber rotisserie. Not sure it added anything other than fun.

Looks darn tasty! Chimichurri to boot, awesome. They sell them at the butcher around the corner from my house, but at the price they want I'm led to believe they're made of gold not cow.

Looks darn tasty! Chimichurri to boot, awesome. They sell them at the butcher around the corner from my house, but at the price they want I'm led to believe they're made of gold not cow.

Yea it wasn’t cheap but I got it at a place that is cheaper than most but still good quality. It was either $20 or $25 for 2.7 lbs.

Fed 3 people.

In America it's known as top sirloin cap or culotte. Picanha is the Brazilian name and where it became famous. It's a most flavorful cut and if prepared correctly is quite tender.

In America it's known as top sirloin cap or culotte. Picanha is the Brazilian name and where it became famous. It's a most flavorful cut and if prepared correctly is quite tender.

Yup I believe culotte was on the packaging as well. It was melt in your mouth tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky