Twice Cooked Picanha over Open Fire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lordy lordy Steve!! That meal is absolutely spectacular. What a fantastic cook and a first class presentation. There is nothing at all not to love about that whole prep and cook. Perfection on a plate and congrats on a much deserved carousel ride.

Robert

One of my favorites: twice cooked picanha.

2.2 lb picanha from grocery, trim to 1/4" fat cap, score, dry brine.

View attachment 676674

Cook picanha at low heat, 30-60 minutes depending on thickness, fat cp mostly down, to IT of 110F.
Roast potatoes in coals until soft, 30-60 minutes.

View attachment 676675

Let meat rest 15 minutes.

View attachment 676676

Slice into individual steaks, 1.25 to 1.5 inch thick.

View attachment 676677

Add salt and grill over high heat, until medium to medium-rare.

View attachment 676678

And I'm gonna roast some poblanos for a side, peel and deseed.

View attachment 676679

And maybe grill up some spinach too, with EVO and garlic, only a couple of minutes until soft, with tossing.

View attachment 676680

Getting hungry.

View attachment 676681

So lets slice up the meat.

View attachment 676682

And ...

View attachment 676683

thanks for looking
My meat shop started offering pre-sliced picanha. I wonder how much I'd lose in translation since I'm inherently lazy.

I only gave this one a like earlier since I had mine sitting in the throwdown but now I can add that that look phenomenal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky