Reverse Seared Prime NY w/Crawfish Cream Sauce!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What can be said that hasnt been said other than WOW!
And I like the way your boy thinks.......That sauce would work on so much stuff.

Jim

Awesome!!! Great looking dish.
Thanks Brian, much appreciated
What can be said that hasnt been said other than WOW!
And I like the way your boy thinks.......That sauce would work on so much stuff.

Jim
Many thanks Jim! Yea the boy has a good mind for sure! Oh and yes the base sauce is a staple for many other sauces!

Reactions: JLeonard
Ok we had some left overs so they got used for a college style left overs but upgraded.

Thin slices….check out the marbling!!!!
271A6266-7224-4594-887C-E916F200268A.jpeg

Next put some thin sliced shrooms over that…
FC208457-3F69-415D-A901-2CEDF78EF350.jpeg

Then some dressed up beef broth, ie with some Asian style beef base, sesame oil, soy, sugar in the raw boiled with some imported rice noodles…..
20CA5FE6-B35D-4206-8C12-EFDDE227CAF3.jpeg

Topped with GOs and chopped Asian red peppers……just look at this slice of flavor!!!!!!
560C8468-D520-4332-8111-4E02F09B3CB0.jpeg

Man oh man this was tasty for a cold cloudy day!

Many thanks Doug! Yea the crawfish sauce was heaven...... a woman from Louisiana that doesn't do shellfish, that's like saying she didn't breath growing up.... hopefully she liked gator!
Nope, no gator either. I like it though. About the only fish she will eat is salmon, tilapia, and tuna.

Nope, no gator either. I like it though. About the only fish she will eat is salmon, tilapia, and tuna.
Well at least salmon, tilapia and tuna are on the list! To be honest my wife doesn't do much shelf fish either.....She was a no go for tasting the sauce after the bugs were added.....

Reactions: DougE
BTW, civil… sorry I didn’t mention this… but a shout out to your boy on his spuds… He sure did make any Idaho boy proud with them russets! Nicely done young man! 👊🏼👍🏼

Reactions: aJeepThing
Reactions: DougE
This is pretty funny. Years ago we were at a Chinese buffet and she was tearing up the crab Rangoon. I was, like, you know there is crab meat in those, right? Said she didn't care, they are good.

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
BTW, civil… sorry I didn’t mention this… but a shout out to your boy on his spuds… He sure did make any Idaho boy proud with them russets! Nicely done young man! 👊🏼👍🏼
Will do Rafter! We drive up to BF to get the local farm hand boxed russets as they are sooooo much better than anything else. During harvest they are fresh but now they are still fresher than any others we have found.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
This is pretty funny. Years ago we were at a Chinese buffet and she was tearing up the crab Rangoon. I was, like, you know there is crab meat in those, right? Said she didn't care, they are good.
Oh way too funny my wife love crabs rangoons at a local place here as well......she gobbles them up.

Will do Rafter! We drive up to BF to get the local farm hand boxed russets as they are sooooo much better than anything else. During harvest they are fresh but now they are still fresher than any others we have found.

Understood! Have a cousin that farms and keeps us stocked up on good ol Russetts… Man they are some versatile and tasty taters! We love us some good ol spuds!

Reactions: civilsmoker
Understood! Have a cousin that farms and keeps us stocked up on good ol Russetts… Man they are some versatile and tasty taters! We love us some good ol spuds!
consider me jelly!!!!

How in bloody hell did I miss this thread?!?!?!?! Wow civil that looks fan-friggin-tastic! Out the park buddy-even the leftovers!!!!!
Thanks swamp! I can tell you if you weren’t looking it was GONE! You will have to try the sauce, I think you would like it!!!

Reactions: indaswamp
The first post had me drooling. The "leftovers" one looked even better in my eyes.

This meal deserves to be added to the featured cooks for sure.

The first post had me drooling. The "leftovers" one looked even better in my eyes.

This meal deserves to be added to the featured cooks for sure.
Many thanks 90 it is much appreciated! The slices in the Asian beef sauce was money with the smokey grill tone! I only wish I would have had an sliced egg with it!

• Love
Reactions: indaswamp
I bought those same NY Strips a Costco Sunday, and did the reverse sear, smoking a little then seared them on my Primo ceramic. I did baked potatoes in my Instant Pot but I wish I would have seen this post earlier cuz a crawfish sauce would have been great!!

Attachments

• nys.jpg
    nys.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 6
Sideways question..... I saw you have a Hexclad pan in one shot. Thoughts? worth it? You're the first person I've known with one, lol.

And the sauce looks amazing, will definitely be trying it!

I bought those same NY Strips a Costco Sunday, and did the reverse sear, smoking a little then seared them on my Primo ceramic. I did baked potatoes in my Instant Pot but I wish I would have seen this post earlier cuz a crawfish sauce would have been great!!
Thos look mighty tasty meister! Normally cream sauces aren't matched with steaks but I'm a believer now, we WILL be doing this again in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky