Refridgerator Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
the seal mentioned above worked well on my old converted frig to smoker, like said above also the inside of the seal melted just a bit, however did not effect the important part of the seal

Geez people, now I'm going to convert a fridge. I think I missed some details though. So I have a few questions. (1) I'll be going gas, so will one old side burner from and old gasser be enough? (2) Should I have an exhaust pipe higher or lower? Similar to a offset smoker for example. (3)Last one, is it necessary to buy the conversion sold online, or is it just a modified replacement part for gassers?

i use to use my old coleman two burner propane stove for mine....mine wasnt a fridge but was along the same idea ... i had ventilation cut on the bottom controlled with dampers...on the top of the fridge you could install a vent with stove pipe(black non-galvanized)

as for one old burner from a gasser, i dont know if it would hold the heat, but i know i only used one burner on my coleman, and i could safely smoke a whole turkey in it,

Well I got it finished over my long Easter break and it works pretty good.

For the door seal I actually went and bought a replacement door gasket for a wood burning fireplace. Cost me $5.96 at Menards and came with a tube of high temp adhesive. Works great and is rated up to 2000 degrees - don't think I will be getting anyware close to that.

I did a fatty for my first smoke and it was ok. Like all smoking I need to educate myself on how best to use the smoker. The heat held well I just had a hard time with the smoke. With my old charcoal smoker I could just throw logs on and off they went a smoking. This I see I will need to cut my wood into smaller chunks and soak them for a couple hours. I am using a big cast iron skillet on top of one of the burners to create my smoke.

All in all it works great - it isn't pretty but neither am I...

I will try and get some pics for you all to see.

Hanifen - shoot us some pics!
I have a line on a fridge, no way to haul it yet, but.......................

PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky