Quick Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Shady

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Knoxville TN
Family got held up out so dinner for one tonight. Not a lot of pics but decided to do up some Fajitas with some Skirt Steak. Had some leftover local corn and other veggies.
97C04706-A76B-4C67-A4E2-488F79DE3DCD.jpeg

1EE95B9C-E644-48AF-9648-72FF6B6A4E65.jpeg

B50D12F6-9A05-4660-836D-CD861DF77499.jpeg

Final Plate Shot
FA4EEFDD-2BBB-41BA-A46D-8988ECBE8AB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Really loving the versatility of the SmokeFire. Starting out smoking veggies for an hour at 225 and then it only taking 5 minutes to reach 600 to sear steak and char the veggies makes doing these last minute meals a breeze.

Great meal right there . Cooked perfect . Nice work .
Had a neighbor at my old house , her family had a local farm . She would send her kids down to see what we wanted . Go pick it and bring it to the house . Awesome corn .

Great meal right there . Cooked perfect . Nice work .
Thank You
Had a neighbor at my old house , her family had a local farm . She would send her kids down to see what we wanted . Go pick it and bring it to the house . Awesome corn .
The corn is a little smaller and some of the ears are missing more kernels then you would find at a grocery store but the taste is well worth it and of course supporting local small farmers, especially now, is always worth it.

We plant 1/3 of an acre of sweet corn just down from our house, never have to check to see when its ready...dogs start bringing it up to the lawn and eating it just before its about perfect. Sadie (13 yr, mom) brings the whole stalk, Big guy (11yr, Sadie's son) just brings ears, be interesting to see what our 1 yo doberman does. Last year as a puppy we picked and husked it for her...her little pinchers sure cleaned off the cob!

Wished some of you lived closer, we always have plenty...free for the picking.
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky