Sirloin for Fajita

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man I love Pho. The place around here closed. I use some Pho powder that not to bad but not the real thing.
Available at HEB - pretty darned good!

Untitled-1.jpg

During my Steak Fajita Trials... I came across some "butterflied sirloin for fajitas" at the local HEB, and it was so good that I bought a cryovac of it this morning, and got a $2.00 per pound break (likely because there will be some waste?).

View attachment 677232

The meat cutter I spoke to said that these (there are 3 in that package - we'll see when I cut it open) come from the Bavette - I have no clue but I do know that the butterflied versions I bought from HEB for fajitas were superb compared to skirt steaks.

I will post more photos when I break the package down.
When I was in Italy, I remember having a dish called Peposa Dell'Impruneta ..... If I remember correctly.... It was basically short ribs with a lot of pepper. It was absolutely outstanding.... I'd imagine large chunks of sirloin would be equally outstanding with that recipe. But anything you come up with will surely be outstanding as you have already shown.

Brad

Last edited:
Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky