Finally Made it to H.E.B.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Finally went down to the new HEB in Allen. Man I hate that drive south of here. To much traffic! Now I see what the big deal is with that store.

Got those Sirloin for Fajita Retired Spook Retired Spook been taking about. Was not sure whether to get the butterflied or regular. Got the butterflied. Boy these are going to cook fast. Might be a challenge to get mid rare.

20231019_125738.jpg

First Sage sausage I have seen in long time.

20231019_125807.jpg

Had ground beef for $1.99. Like I really needed more but how can you say no?

20231019_125937.jpg

Found these great looking Chuck Eye's

20231019_130102.jpg

Never had a Tri-Tip roast before so got one. I have had the Tr-Tip steaks from Sam's which are good.

20231019_130121.jpg

Some Frozen Fish. I having a real hard time finding Catfish that does not have STPP Sodium triphosphate in it. Hard to get that stuff crispy. Guess I need to go fishing for some channels.

20231019_130212.jpg

The pre-seasoned section smelled so good I got some wings to try.

20231019_130313.jpg

And Retired Spook Retired Spook says this stuff good.

20231019_130733.jpg

I been trying to find this for years.

20231019_130829.jpg

Total Wine is a bad place to be browsing! Girl I know that works there gave me some samples of Tequila. This one was really good. Steve H Steve H take a look for this.

20231019_131859.jpg

If you made it this far good for you. As you can tell I loved this place.

Next time don't butterfly those flap steaks. You can also get them from Costco. Hard Core Carnivore's Michelada seasoning is epic on flap meat fajitas. Turn out juicy and full of flavor.

Get your pan or grill as hot as you can get it and sear those sirloin fajitas 3-minutes each side! They will be perfect!

Pan
IMG_1977.jpg

Grill
IMG_2012.JPG

Nicely marbled chuck eyes they should be great!

The pho concentrate you bought is a different brand that I have not tried is in a different box? But I am sure it is just as good!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Great looking stuff. Crazy cheap price on the ground. I wish chuck eye was more reliable sourced around me.

Thanks for the tip Brian. Don't believe I've seen that Tequila here. I'll be looking for it.
Nice selection of meat as well. I'm also a fan of that steakhouse marinade. I find it at BJ's

Brian gonna be getting a side gig to support his HEB habit. Got some great scores there. That tritip is killer!

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
H.E.B is one of the wife's favorite stores. She can spend hours wondering the isles, reading the labels, finding things that we don't have locally.

HEB is where it’s at! The HEB brand pre seasoned Beef fajitas are the best fajitas I’ve ever cooked. The hill country fare brand is a little cheaper but not near as good. ALL of the mi tienda Mexican food products are good. The Chorizo is a stand out. I always check the weekly ad because they have good sales. This week was Chuck roast for 3.49 per pound. I can’t wait to see your cooks with all this new product!

Finally went down to the new HEB in Allen. Man I hate that drive south of here. To much traffic! Now I see what the big deal is with that store.

Got those Sirloin for Fajita Retired Spook Retired Spook been taking about. Was not sure whether to get the butterflied or regular. Got the butterflied. Boy these are going to cook fast. Might be a challenge to get mid rare.

View attachment 678869

First Sage sausage I have seen in long time.

View attachment 678868

Had ground beef for $1.99. Like I really needed more but how can you say no?

View attachment 678867

Found these great looking Chuck Eye's

View attachment 678865

Never had a Tri-Tip roast before so got one. I have had the Tr-Tip steaks from Sam's which are good.

View attachment 678864

Some Frozen Fish. I having a real hard time finding Catfish that does not have STPP Sodium triphosphate in it. Hard to get that stuff crispy. Guess I need to go fishing for some channels.

View attachment 678863

The pre-seasoned section smelled so good I got some wings to try.

View attachment 678862

And Retired Spook Retired Spook says this stuff good.

View attachment 678861

I been trying to find this for years.

View attachment 678860

Total Wine is a bad place to be browsing! Girl I know that works there gave me some samples of Tequila. This one was really good. Steve H Steve H take a look for this.

View attachment 678859

If you made it this far good for you. As you can tell I loved this place.
You can not go wrong with HEB. Thats MY store fore sure.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky