Upcoming membership payment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't recall the number of times people have come here seeking help to fix a recipe they got off google or youtube that went wrong.

I can't recall how many times the answer was hacked from some other forum. JUST SAYING.

You know I love and resept you all but unless he lowers his membership fees I'm out of here. Been nice to meet you all but I'm done
If people don't speck up nothing changes
Good night all

Last edited:
You can hope TulsaJeff TulsaJeff runs a special again at half off... being I tagged him, maybe he will reply as well. But I paid for the lifetime premier... not only to support the site but if I'd of had to pay for lessons to learn what I've learned here it would have cost way more. The info found on Google is well... of course it's right, it's on the internet. Can't even guess what it costs to run this site, but doubt it's cheap.
And bigfurmn bigfurmn I'll help you out! Well, not with putting toys together but with your medicating lol!

Ryan
I bet your here with the toys if I bought the cocktails and smoked some lunch for us. Then again having seen some of your posts I think my little man would have more fun at your place with "big trucks and tractors" as he says. As far as the site, hundred bucks for a lifetime membership seems ok but I don't pay it as well I would rather spend the money on my little man, especially his medical bills since he broke his arm last week falling about 10ft off playground equipment. Then again I'm not normal.

KB - I know a hundred is hard to come by sometimes. You could re-up for the monthly. I know I have some disposable income (I even work a part time here and there for some extra squeezing green for things that I consider splurges) but I've been in a situation more than once where it would be hard to scratch up 5 bucks.

For others who may be wondering, you can do monthly for 1.99$ US.

I bet your here with the toys if I bought the cocktails and smoked some lunch for us. Then again having seen some of your posts I think my little man would have more fun at your place with "big trucks and tractors" as he says. As far as the site, hundred bucks for a lifetime membership seems ok but I don't pay it as well I would rather spend the money on my little man, especially his medical bills since he broke his arm last week falling about 10ft off playground equipment. Then again I'm not normal.
Sorry to hear of his accident! Would love giving him rides in the tractor or combine! Enjoy this time... it goes fast!

Ryan

I would think Jeff would reward OTBS members with a free lifetime membership. They are the main ones that make the site successful and the cost would be minimal since there arent that many of them.

Reactions: KBFlyer
I don't need a go fund me at all. I have belonged to many forums over the years. Some I moderated at, some I was just member. Never have I seen such a large price tag to belong. Someone is making bigtime money from us and it needs to stop for our information that he uses to make this forum better.
Agreed!! I’m on several forums and none have the amount of ads as this site!

Reactions: KBFlyer
OK my rant is over. I said my piece and some agree and some told me to go take a hike.
I like this forum but it is a very expensive one to be a full time member of.
I will have to consider my options come renewal time.
Thanks for putting up with my rant and smoke on.
Facebook cover.jpg

My membership comes due in April. Being on a fixed income (retired) with no hope of getting anything extra from my government or pension plan the $100 USA dollar plan seems out of my reach. I bought into the yearly plan last year but would like to have a lifetime membership. $100 US dollars for us in Canada equels 135.30 Canadian. Might not seem like much to some but the ones who have a small pension its a lot of money during these times of inflation.
So my question is are there any sales coming up on membership? Think I saw once the site had some discounts.

Great question! I did run a sale for a full month or so last year and I'll definitely do that again.

Let me get my ducks in a row and I'll look into getting that set up in the next few days for anyone who wants to opt in to browse without ads.

As always, I appreciate any and all comments, regardless of the sentiment.

The ads + the membership fees ensure that I do not have to pay for anything out of pocket like I had to do back in the day.

I am thankful for everyone who has supported the site over the years and allowed me to do what I love to do to make a living for my family.

The forum is not a big part of my living but I love what it provides for the smoking community.

I will be running a sale soon on the memberships, so give me a few days to get that set up and anyone who wants to opt in, can do so.

Thanks for lookingh into it. Last night just felt like a night to rant about something I been thinking about for some time. Mine comes due April 5th I think so its been on my mind. :emoji_wink:

I have no problem supporting the site but the fee is out of range from other sites. Is this a better site then the others??? Not really. Goggle will get you the same information for free.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. It's not better than other sites that cost less, you don't see the value. Seems clear to me what you would do?

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. It's not better than other sites that cost less, you don't see the value. Seems clear to me what you would do?
Well good, glad I could help you get confussed today. :emoji_smile:

I did the premier first , then paid the 100 bucks for lifetime .
Joined in on 2 Throw downs . Won prizes both times . Those total up to about $415.00 .
I figure with the prizes and gained knowledge plus some friendships along the way , I've completely taken advantage of this place . Now I feel guilty .

I used to post every smoke and recipe, offer advice when it was helpful, and welcome newbs. Not so much anymore, mostly just jokes, why post something I've posted before. Why do you think you should get to pay half what I did, for the same thing? RAY

I joined back in 2009, & immediately saw the info available & the kind & friendly atmosphere. So I paid for the lifetime membership, I’m a moderator, but still paid the full price. And even with Jeff’s discounts available now, I would still pay the $100 again. I’m not as active on here as I once was, but the info & the way it is moderated on here is the best on the web. Especially the safety info.
Al

I used to post every smoke and recipe, offer advice when it was helpful, and welcome newbs. Not so much anymore, mostly just jokes, why post something I've posted before. Why do you think you should get to pay half what I did, for the same thing? RAY
Since Jeff offered it last year at half price it would be nice to have that option again. Some how I missed that option last year.
Always looking for a sale if I don't have to pay full price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky