Upcoming membership payment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
My membership comes due in April. Being on a fixed income (retired) with no hope of getting anything extra from my government or pension plan the $100 USA dollar plan seems out of my reach. I bought into the yearly plan last year but would like to have a lifetime membership. $100 US dollars for us in Canada equels 135.30 Canadian. Might not seem like much to some but the ones who have a small pension its a lot of money during these times of inflation.
So my question is are there any sales coming up on membership? Think I saw once the site had some discounts.

Reactions: JLeonard
Been wise to hit the cheap lifetime deal when it was offered even if you weren't up for renewal yet.

Been wise to hit the cheap lifetime deal when it was offered even if you weren't up for renewal yet.
Thats why I am posting this now, hoping it will come up again. I don't mind supporting the site but give some deals along the way.

Reactions: JLeonard
Last year Jeff offered lifetime for half price maybe he'll do it again this year.
Yes wondering if this will happen again before I have to renew
Some of us contribute way more then we take away from this formum and that should be considered in my opinion.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Check that just figured it out 😂
Glad you found it, was getting starting to type out on how to fine it for you LOL
screenshot-www.google.ca-2024.03.21-20_41_40.png

I know this is technically a for profit website ((ind of). I also think certain members that contribute a lot (way more than me), should be able to get a lifetime membership for a deal if said member has some difficulties with the full price. Maybe set up a go fund me of sorts for the members who contribute by might be helped by a buck or two. Then again maybe I've had a beer or two too many, been putting together a kids toy the last three hours.

I know this is technically a for profit website ((ind of). I also think certain members that contribute a lot (way more than me), should be able to get a lifetime membership for a deal if said member has some difficulties with the full price. Maybe set up a go fund me of sorts for the members who contribute by might be helped by a buck or two. Then again maybe I've had a beer or two too many, been putting together a kids toy the last three hours.
I don't need a go fund me at all. I have belonged to many forums over the years. Some I moderated at, some I was just member. Never have I seen such a large price tag to belong. Someone is making bigtime money from us and it needs to stop for our information that he uses to make this forum better.

I look at it like this, I either support the site (aside from the content I add to the board) by being inundated with ads, or pay not to see them.
I have no problem supporting the site but the fee is out of range from other sites. Is this a better site then the others??? Not really. Goggle will get you the same information for free.

I don't need a go fund me at all. I have belonged to many forums over the years. Some I moderated at, some I was just member. Never have I seen such a large price tag to belong. Someone is making bigtime money from us and it needs to stop for our information that he uses to make this forum better.
Maybe I misspoke or it came out in beer speak. I was thinking people who contribute more should get a discount on the site. As compared to people who just lurk to take the incredible knowledge from the great people here.

Reactions: KBFlyer
You know better than that 😂😂😂

Well I guess I started a conversation others were afriad to start. My point is, support the site but $100 US bucks in todays economy for international members is out rageous in my opinion. There is no way it costs to run this site with such high membership fees. Google ads and such will fill in the gabs. Yes I have been behind the seens of forums like this and they make a good profit from google.

Reactions: bigfurmn
You can hope TulsaJeff TulsaJeff runs a special again at half off... being I tagged him, maybe he will reply as well. But I paid for the lifetime premier... not only to support the site but if I'd of had to pay for lessons to learn what I've learned here it would have cost way more. The info found on Google is well... of course it's right, it's on the internet. Can't even guess what it costs to run this site, but doubt it's cheap.
And bigfurmn bigfurmn I'll help you out! Well, not with putting toys together but with your medicating lol!

Ryan

Devils advocate time, the $100 is a lifetime membership. I do understand it can be hard for some folks to come up with that but it's not required. The annual fee of I believe $15 is in my opinion very fair and a worthy value. Aside from that you can actually belong and pay nothing you just need to view ads. Relative to the site not being better than a Google search I vehemently disagree. The information consolidated here is premier. It's also a collection of some of the finest people and friends out there. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I mean there really is no cost to be on the forum. You can choose to donate to it or not. It’s not like anyone is kicking you out for not pitching in or making it mandatory to donate
really???? With ads coming out of your ying yang if you dont join makes belonging here a better experience ?? really ??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky