New BBQ sauce offerings (to me anyway).

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Just found these at my local HEB in South Austin Tx.
I love the Havana "flavor" and while the other two are good, I'm not a fan of liquid smoke flavors and both have some.
Here's the ingredient listings, nothing too weird.

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: JLeonard
Check out Cookie's Sauces. Has lot of different flavors but not sure how wide an area is covered. Mostly Hy Vee and Wal Mart stores in the MidWest carry them. Can order a box of several different flavors and they usually throw in 2 or 3 extra bottles to fill the box rather than having a bunch of filler packing around.

Just found these at my local HEB in South Austin Tx.
I love the Havana "flavor" and while the other two are good, I'm not a fan of liquid smoke flavors and both have some.
Here's the ingredient listings, nothing too weird.
Seems like most commercial sauces I've looked at contain liquid smoke and like you, I'm not a fan. This is why I usually make my own.

Reactions: texomakid
After working so hard to put smoke on my food I want to taste my smoke, not the liquid smoke. I get why they do it, though. I don't completely hate liquid smoke it's just a preference. They make it for the masses that may not have a smoker. I like the Franklin sauce that I'm sure they have at HEB. It's a no frills sauce, though. I like a sauce that is more on the acidic side than sweet. If I have the time I make the No. 5 sauce that's posted on the Virtual Weber Bullet site. It's a ratio of brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and Worcester sauce that's pretty easy to doctor or customize. The Franklin sauce is very similar to that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky