Introducing PeppeDILLard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I've been working on bratwurst the majority of the last two days but took a break to process my latest sauce. Local hot banana peppers with a very generous amount of both dill and mustard seed in the ferment. While I usually add to the pepper flavor post ferment I wanted to get that funky half sour dill flavor in the sauce. Mission accomplished. A bit of pepper spice transitions quickly to a mild mustard flavor and finishes with a good strong half sour dill funk. Love it and can't wait to use it on a few of the 27 lbs of German brat patties ( more to come on that in a later post). Here's a pic of the ferment when I started it and one of two bottles I had to bottle a little. I thought I had another case but don't so will bottle the rest in a few days. Thanks for looking and sharing my hot sauce obsession with me lol
1000005012.jpg
1000005006-01.jpeg

Lol I was stumped on this one so made up my own word!
Your allowed to do that in retirement. Sauce looks real good Jeff, and the bottling is very professional. Nice Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Man Jeff, you are crushing it with all these fermenting projects. The creativity and variety you've done just boggles the mind. Am I possibly sensing a post-retirement second career?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks great Jeff, and the name in the Title is what pulled me in, lol

Love pickled banana peppers, and these sound great.

David

Love the name! Made me do a double take... then huh? :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Thanks guys. That name must be a winner. Got enough attention on my local post I pre sold 6 bottles in 10 minutes lol.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice . Hatch chiles just showed up at the stores here . Thinking I might jump back in a do a ferment of hatch and onions .
That should be a nice flavor !
Man that looks good! Still waiting to get all my stuff together to get started down this path.

Jim
Thanks! Yea we gotta get you going
Your allowed to do that in retirement. Sauce looks real good Jeff, and the bottling is very professional. Nice Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Man Jeff, you are crushing it with all these fermenting projects. The creativity and variety you've done just boggles the mind. Am I possibly sensing a post-retirement second career?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert. To do it above board would be more than a full time effort. It's a great pocket money gray market gig though.
Very interesting sauce Jeff. I'm thinking about using Cubanelle peppers and serrano.
Thanks Steve. It's a very different sauce from my norm. I have a gallon jar of jalapeno / serrano going now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky