pulled chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evandostert

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
vegas
I love a nice smoked chicken but want to try pulled chicken. Do you guys have any idea how to get it to pull easy like pork will???? Brined and Foiled or something like that??

Brining will keep it moist while you cook it to 180ish, should pull pretty easy!
Cold chicken shreads nicely no matter what temp you cook to!
cool.gif

yes let it cool some it will go much fast and then just reheat it some ....i have done that a bunch of times and it has allways worked good i reheat in a crock pot

I did a few split chicken breast a few weeks ago and took them to 180 adn they were WAY too dry, next time I'll go to 165. They did pull and shred really easy but it took a bunch of BBQ sauce and about a gallon of iced tea to eat. Flavor was great, just dry. I did brine them also but I think 180 is just too high. I didnt foil either so maybe that would help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky