Butter Pork ( smoked pork in Indian butter sauce )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Butter Pork ( smoked pork in Indian butter sauce )

Had some left over smoked pork, and had a craving for butter chicken, said to myself .... self , try with pork.
Cut up the pork in bite size pieces, simmered in water with vinegar and Lawrys seasoning for approx. an hour. To make it even more tender like chicken.

Chopped up mini corn , onions and green peppers, fried the pork again , added the butter sauce . Steamed up some rice . and warm Naan bread

Nice meal , had a little kick to it .

DSC_9360.JPG DSC_9386.JPG DSC_9383.JPG

DSC_9388.JPG DSC_9398.JPG DSC_9390.JPG
DSC_9392.JPG
DSC_9396.JPG

Nice , and will do again but with a smoked chicken also.

Thanks for looking

David

Man David that looks great. I never thought of using pork for that. I grew to love Indian food when I was spending 4-5 days a week in the Brampton ON area. So many great Indian restaurants. Butter chicken and chicken Tikka were my first Indian dishes I grew to love. Dang now I need to fit some in the rotation!! Shawarma was the other thing I loved there. It's on the list too as the neighbors been asking for days.

We're big fans of Indian dishes - especially butter chicken. It took me a long time, but I eventually found a good butter chicken recipe so we could replace the bottled stuff. Certainly willing to share if you're interested.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man David that looks great. I never thought of using pork for that. I grew to love Indian food when I was spending 4-5 days a week in the Brampton ON area. So many great Indian restaurants. Butter chicken and chicken Tikka were my first Indian dishes I grew to love. Dang now I need to fit some in the rotation!! Shawarma was the other thing I loved there. It's on the list too as the neighbors been asking for days.

Thanks Jeff for the love and the comment

Yes I hear you on the flavours of some Indian foods. And there has been in the last 2/3 years a few new restaurants popping up around here also. I meet a lady working at the hardware store and she heard that I like to cook ( I am there a lot, almost every day for work ) And she makes her own blends of spices and she gave me a bag of Garam Masala, that I am going to use on a smoke in a few days. It smells wonderful.

David

Reactions: mike243 and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky