Chile Rellano Soup.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
This is a cheesy, hearty and fun soup. Many ways to go about it, but I’m going smoked chicken. Stay tuned, the offset is running. The pork shoulder is butterflied and coated in French’s mustard seasoned with Kinders “the blend” nothing more. That will be pulled pork at a later date.
IMG_1915.jpeg

Heart and gizzard will be smoked as well.
IMG_1916.jpeg

Build the soup.

IMG_1920.jpeg

Sauté the onion, garlic and diced poblano.

IMG_1921.jpeg

Add a block (8oz.) of cream cheese, and pulled smoked chicken,Incorporate.
then add about 1/2 cup of masa harina (Mexican corn flour) mix it in , this will add flavor and thicken the soup,
IMG_1922.jpeg

Add 4 cups chicken stock. And simmer. I added another 1/2 cup of harina flour.

IMG_1923.jpeg

Add a little water or cream if needed. Salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Add about a 3/4 cup of sharp shredded cheddar and let it melt in and incorporate.

IMG_1924.jpeg

The bowl. It’s so delicious.

There's just one problem here... Where's my bowl?!
Kids cleaned it up John, but I hope you give this a whirl. There is also a version, I’ve never done this way, that cooks the relleno traditionally fried, then added to this soup base. Also, we started adding masa harina all by our selves, we actually add it to other soups too. Love the corn flavor, but I doubt you will find a recipe that adds it. Still it’s worth doing.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky