Mushrooms from a friend and my go at smoked mushroom soup!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
So recently we saw a post from Jed, bauchjw bauchjw and his smoked mushroom soup. Living here in NW Iowa, we don't have access to a wide variety of mushrooms, at least not that I'm aware of. Well I might have mentioned I needed to get a mushroom guy like he has...and next thing I know a package shows up with some Golden mushrooms and an exotic blend. Now I know little about shrooms but here goes.
Being we haven't had these before the 1st try is each cooked in a pan of their own, just butter and a touch of salt.
The Goldens

20220411_190045.jpg

The exotic blend

20220411_190050.jpg

We also did some exotic blend in butter with garlic and onion. The three types

20220411_191110.jpg

Some steaks smoked on our new GMG pellet smoker

20220411_190747.jpg

My plate...with a steak a little too far done, but still really tender and tasty, carrots from the garden and a blend of the mushrooms. This is where we kinda looked at each other and said ...OMG, these mushrooms are so good! Especially the Goldens, which were our favorite. They were both really good but the goldens...wow!

Now for the mushroom soup. Followed Jeds recipe pretty much exactly. Have some Goldens, exotic blend, and a couple mini bells that get an hour of cold smoke

20220415_173124.jpg

Wasn't sure if we would want some meat added or not so seasoned up some beef stew meat with Kinders all purpose...one of the gift seasoning we got from forktender forktender from the Christmas lighting thread. We really like them all but have to say...thus one, I put that sh-- on everything! Thank you Dan!
20220415_174004.jpg

Stew meat getting some color

20220415_185934.jpg

Added veggies in the pan with butter 1st, then garlic, then smoked shrooms...smelled so good!

20220415_201301.jpg

Then added the beef broth

20220415_203338.jpg

Needless to sat after letting it simmer for awhile I got scolded! As I just stood at the stove doing quality control checks on it! OMG was it so good! And yes I probably had half of it gone sampling! But...

20220415_204028.jpg

Might have had some beef stew chunks to use...so maybe half made it into the soup, the other half was finger food!

And yes, some in a bowl...
20220415_212831.jpg

Not near as good of pics as Jeds soup, it was every bit as good as he claimed! And we agree with his wife...Holy S---! It was out of this world good!
So to Robert, tx smoker tx smoker definitely get in touch with Jed, about his mushroom guy! You put out some amazing food, and these mushrooms far exceeded my expectations!

Thanks for looking and a special thanks to some wonderful forum friends for making this possible!

Ryan

Very nice Ryan! All that shroom flavor looks like magic!

PS, that Kinders buttery steak house is the bomb on veggies and shrooms to! The bbq sauce is tasty too!

Looks killer! Glad it all came out tasty! I have to go get some some of that Kinders now! Very flattered you tried the soup and very happy you enjoyed it! Now you have a mushroom guy🤣

That looks absolutely delicious! Ann and I are mushroom addicts. And, for a miracle, I can get a good variety around here. We always have a good stockpile of canned mushrooms. And get fresh often. Try those mushrooms in hot and sour soup. Incredible.

Great job & we love mushroom soup!
We get some pretty decent mushrooms down here too. Nothing too exotic though!
Al

Very nice Ryan! All that shroom flavor looks like magic!

PS, that Kinders buttery steak house is the bomb on veggies and shrooms to! The bbq sauce is tasty too!

Thank you! I appreciate it! We have some of the buttery steak house as well...it's tasty too!

Ryan

Looks killer! Glad it all came out tasty! I have to go get some some of that Kinders now! Very flattered you tried the soup and very happy you enjoyed it! Now you have a mushroom guy🤣
Thank you Jed! Think you would really like the Kinders seasonings. Can't thank you enough for the mushrooms, they were so packed with flavor! We will definitely be getting more!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
That looks absolutely delicious! Ann and I are mushroom addicts. And, for a miracle, I can get a good variety around here. We always have a good stockpile of canned mushrooms. And get fresh often. Try those mushrooms in hot and sour soup. Incredible.
Thanks Steve! You're lucky to have the chance to get a variety of mushrooms. Funny you say that about hot and sour soup... and just to prove I must have too many things on my to do list...not long ago I bought everything I needed to make it but then got busy. After a few days I was trying to remember what I was gonna do with the pork tenderloins, to no avail. So we cooked them up and ate them. Few days later it dawned on me...was gonna make hot and sour soup. Good thing my head is attached!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw and Steve H
Great job & we love mushroom soup!
We get some pretty decent mushrooms down here too. Nothing too exotic though!
Al
Thanks Al, I appreciate it! I never would have thought they would have that much flavor in them!

Looks like you did them justice! I making some more of that soup tomorrow.
Thank you Brian! If you've made it before then you know how good it is!

Ryan

A fine lookin' assortment of cooks there Ryan, mushrooms were made to go with lamb and beef! RAY

Holy cow! I got hungrier as I read and drooled over each pic. Great looking stuff.
Jim
Thank you Jim! To tell ya the truth I did too as I was posting them!

Looks like ya had a great meal Ryan
Thanks Jim, we did!

Nice looking shrooms Ryan! Everything looks fantastic.

Did Jed send you some of the ones that you pick from the cow pasture too? You know the ones that send you on a trip. :emoji_laughing:
Thank you! And he told me I had to pick my own of those! Kinda like walking through a cow pasture blind folded...lost my hat, tried on three before I found it! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

A fine lookin' assortment of cooks there Ryan, mushrooms were made to go with lamb and beef! RAY
Thank you Ray! I appreciate it! Definitely saved the address of "The Mushroom Guy" lol

Wow Ryan everything looks great !
Wifey doesn't like them but I'd sure take a few !!

Keith
Thanks Keith! It's even better she doesn't like them...then you don't have to share!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky