Pulled Chicken w/pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Made some pulled chicken last night and it was a big hit. Followed Jeff's recipe
Brining
IMG_8222.jpg

rubbed and ready
IMG_8223.jpg

Loaded on the smoker
IMG_8224.jpg

Done before being pulled
IMG_8225.jpg

Pulled before sauce
IMG_8226.jpg

Pulled with sauce - Used Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
IMG_8228.jpg

On the bun with vegis grilled as kabobs
IMG_8229.jpg

I did mop the boneless skinless thighs with a butter rub and water mix - its in the recipe. This kept the thighs nice and moist.

Turned out great. Started with over 5 lb of thighs, netted 3lbs and 2 samis.

Last edited:
Looks outstanding and I'm sure tasted great

Reactions: sandyut
Great work! They look delicious, beautiful color! Those had to be incredible sandwiches!

It is tastes as good as it looks .....man what a sandwich! Great color !
And congrats on the ride!

Keith

Nice looking chicken sammies Dave. I bet they tasted as good as they look.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice work Dave .
Was the sauce new to you ?

I started doing the butter mop on chicken parts if using the pellet grill . Works great .

Nice work Dave .
Was the sauce new to you ?

I started doing the butter mop on chicken parts if using the pellet grill . Works great .
I have used that sauce before, but its been a long time. That was my first butter mop - seemed to work well.

That's some good looking stuff right there Dave. Glad you have 3 pounds of it. That's the perfect amount for my dinner :emoji_laughing: Very nice job buddy!!

Robert

That's some good looking stuff right there Dave. Glad you have 3 pounds of it. That's the perfect amount for my dinner :emoji_laughing: Very nice job buddy!!

Robert
Many thanks Robert. I may try doing whole birds next time. Either way pulled chicken is a nice alternative option to other pulled meats...not that I dont love them all

I make Mexican lasagna with chicken shredded, this is a much better way and can add some awesome spice.

Those look so tasty, will copy for sure.

Awesome looking bird Dave. Big like! What is the flavor profile on the BBQ sauce? Real spicy, sweet?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky