Looking for sauce recepies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebloke

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Am planning some pulled pork this weekend and would like to find some receipies for bbq sauce and or hot sauces that some of you vets do so well. I have never tried mustard based sauce so if you have a combo for one please post it.

Thx,
Keith

Here's a North Calina style finishing ssauce I make that's really popular and completely authentic.

3 cups apple cider vinegar
1 Cup Dark beer (Guiness or Killian’s Red)
1 TBSP salt
2 TBSP red pepper flakes
1 TSP coarse ground black pepper
¼ Cup dark brown sugar or honey

Mix all sauce ingredients in a deep saucepan and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer for about 30 minutes…not too hot!

[font=&quot]Mix sauce and pulled meat in a large bowl, toss and combine well. Serve on warm buns with coleslaw. [/font]

[font=&quot]The family seems to enjoy this one. It's a recipe from the site, just tweaked a bit.

[/font] [font=&quot]1 onion, cut in chunks
2 cloves garlic, minced[/font]
[font=&quot]Saute Onion and garlic, then add other ingredients
[/font]
[font=&quot] 1 Star anise, or 1/2 tsp anise oil
1 TBSP olive oil, garlic olive oil works well with this
1/4 cup of Hot Wing sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2cup thick tomato sauce (I get the spicy)
1/3 cup molasses
¼ apple cider vinegar
4 TBSP worcestershire
4 TBSP Liquid Smoke
2 TBSP Fav Rub or a BBQ Powder
1 TSP celery salt
1 TBSP cayenne (adjust to spice)
½ TSP [font=&quot]CBP[/font]
2 TSP mustard powder
1 TSP paprika
¼ cup water, leave till the end..you can adjust the water to the desired thickness.
[/font]
Add brown sugar to balance spice if you desire.
Simmer on stovetop for 2 hrs.

As far as BBq sauce I make my own but i never put the same stuff in it. There are some good sauces here in the pages labeled sauces and rubs.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=123
here's a link to it.try to get the one of Shooter Ricks snake bitten sauce and the rubs they are that good. I have heard about tips sauce I'm sure someone here will give it to you soon. I just looked at the one Rivets has posted and I have used it and isn't really good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky