Jalapenogate ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
They're talking about this in a local gardening forum I visit. Apparently, a lot of people thought they were planting jalapeno and they got hot banana plants. And its nationwide.

A large grower in Kansas, Sedan Floral , says they think its a seed mixup.

Anyone getting hot bananas instead of jalapeno ? I'm getting jalapeno.

Would be interesting to try the hot banana peppers. But would also be very ticked if I was expecting jalapenos.

Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I've been bitten the last two years, but I don't think my instances were seed mixup. I'm of the opinion that there's a smarta$$ changing the little sign that sticks in the cup the seedlings come in. What was supposed to be a cayenne is some sort of other pepper, and last year it was bell pepper instead of jalapeno.

I like both , but would not be pleased if I wanted either one and received the other , while waiting for the plant to get bigger

I like the banana peppers. I stuffed some earlier this year and posted them. They were good.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky