Idea from a friend.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Talking to Dom while working yesterday. And eating the last of my pickled stuffed peppers.
He said he had some pickled carrots and peppers the other day a friend of his made. He was wondering if I've tried this. Nope. Not until now that is.

IMG_20231014_061743083.jpg

Dom said he thought they were just pickled in normal fridge pickle fashion. I'm fermenting them.
3.5% brine with filtered water and sea salt.
carrots
Cubana peppers
8 Smashed garlic cloves 4 in each jar.
1/2 tsp Dried dill in each jar
1/4 tsp Mustard seed in each jar.
1/4 tsp Flatiron pepper brand 4 pepper blend. This has Arbol, Ghost, Habanero, and Jalapeno in it. Pretty dang hot! In each jar.
This morning they are already quite active. I'll go a week and check the ph.

Those are gonna be good . I did red radish a few years ago . They were great .
1/4 tsp Flatiron pepper brand 4 pepper blend.
Made breakfast sausage yesterday and those were my add for the heat . Really good fry test , only gonna get better .

Then I made chili last night and used the 4 pepper blend and the dark and smokey .
Great pepper flakes .

Those are gonna be good . I did red radish a few years ago . They were great .

Made breakfast sausage yesterday and those were my add for the heat . Really good fry test , only gonna get better .

Then I made chili last night and used the 4 pepper blend and the dark and smokey .
Great pepper flakes .
Guess I gonna need to get some.

Reactions: Steve H
just saw this, looks like it is/was going to be great. You had to mention Flatiron Pepper Co??? On their site now...shopping!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky