Italian Pork In A Roasted Garlic And 3-Cheese Cream Sauce (Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Still too hot to be cooking outside so threw this together a couple days ago after going through my second bout of heatstroke in the past three weeks. Man, that will make a person absolutely miserable. I really need to get my brain (what's left of it) wrapped around the concept that I'm no longer 25 and bulletproof. It might also help if I did a Google search to find the definition of "moderation". Was not planning to post this but it came out amazingly well for such a simple and quick meal. Only a few pics but it was so simple it doesn't require a ton of documentation.

Cut up two thick sliced center cut pork loin chops. Into a skillet with some butter, lots of minced garlic, and let that simmer for a bit. Add a preponderance of Italian spices (pick your favorites), a little salt, and a dose of black pepper. If using dry spices you'll need to let it sinner for a bit to re-hydrate the spices.
001.jpg

Mix in about a teaspoon of AP flour as a thickener then the heavy cream. Once that's all mixed up, add a bunch of fresh shredded mozz, some grated Parmesan and Romano cheeses. You don't need a lot of flour because the cheese will thicken the sauce.
002.jpg

Blend everything together and let heat do it's thing: thicken it up. Add cheese as necessary to attain desired consistency. As you can see, this is not lacking for seasoning :emoji_wink:
003.jpg

Serve over pasta and plate with a Caparese salad and cheesy garlic toast.
004.jpg

Oh David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) .... are you looking? Sorry folks but this has gotten to be a bit of a long-standing joke between David and I :emoji_laughing:
005.jpg

Seeing that final pic I wish I'd taken more along the way but y'all get the idea. This was really, really good. Rich, smooth, creamy, and super flavorful. As noted above, it was also very quick and easy. Kinda nice to have this one in reserve for a day when time is short or it's just too flippin' hot to be outside. We both enjoyed this and the leftovers went with Tracy to work the next day for her lunch. Oh well, y'all take care. Hopefully it'll cool down a bit some day soon and I can cook a real dinner to post here but the extended forecast isn't showing and relief in the foreseeable future.

Robert

Very nice Robert, I could dive right into a plate of that goodness.

You are no spring chicken anymore and the sun can cook your old brain,
and no we are not 10' tall and bullet proof anymore . Be careful out there my friend.

And yes you did good on the close up, but here you go , lol

1691439075127.png

David

According to Cambridge, it's the quality of doing something within reasonable limits. Well it's the 'reasonable' thing that usually gets some of us in trouble. Many of us, me included, are no longer spring chickens. My own ability to withstand the heat has certainly diminished over the years and I drink more water when out in the sun now than ever before to help compensate. Never the less I limit my exposure these days where I didn't 20 years ago. The nice benefit to limiting exposure is coming indoors to enjoy a beverage or two, well...er....maybe just one in keeping with the damn moderation theme. :emoji_laughing: Anyhow, love the simple and tasty dinner Robert. Gonna try this one.

Looks fantastic Robert. Its currently in the high 60s here and cloudy. You tumbleweed boys are going thru a rough patch these past few weeks. Keep the beer flowing, and stay hydrated.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks amazing and fresh Robert. I do the same often with different proteins but I don’t use flour, only cheese and heavy cream and often slip in a little lemon zest. Nice work I can see that it was easy and most importantly delicious.

Great looking meal! Thinking you could poach eggs in your pool now! Nothing wrong with cooking in the kitchen!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
All looks great Robert. I can only image me how good and rich that sauce was. Stay in the AC!

I'd hit that plate in a heartbeat Robert, nice work! Here in the desert we're setting heat records every day, we wake up to 90º. By noon all one can do out in the sunshine is dip in the pool. No regrets having misters installed on the patio, worth every penny! RAY

DSCN4090.JPG

Looks great Robert! I know Tracy can't have chicken but that would work very well in this dish too.

I'd hit that plate in a heartbeat Robert, nice work! Here in the desert we're setting heat records every day, we wake up to 90º. By noon all one can do out in the sunshine is dip in the pool. No regrets having misters installed on the patio, worth every penny! RAY

View attachment 673003
We are not nearly that hot here in NY but my pool is still 90...not very refreshing when the sun is out.

Where's my plate Robert?? Looks very tasty for sure!
Thanks Steve. Your plate sat in the fridge for a couple days waiting for you to get here then Tracy took it to work for lunch.Sorry...maybe next time :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Very nice Robert, I could dive right into a plate of that goodness.
Thanks so much David. With all the over-the-top meals you put together, this pales by comparison. It was quick, easy, and tasty though.
You are no spring chicken anymore and the sun can cook your old brain,
and no we are not 10' tall and bullet proof anymore . Be careful out there my friend.
I know but I have this anal retentive approach to things. With the house, all the insane custom systems I designed and implemented,all the equipment we have, and all the property, there is always something that needs to be taken care of. I simply cannot stand to have something broken or not working correctly so that means I'm always working on something.
And yes you did good on the close up, but here you go , lol
Thanks once again buddy. Always for you....and the joking will continue until I've been issued a cease and desist order from Congress :emoji_wink:

Robert

Well it's the 'reasonable' thing that usually gets some of us in trouble.
That and the "limits" concept. I honestly didn't know I had any until recently :emoji_astonished:
Never the less I limit my exposure these days where I didn't 20 years ago.
Yep, I can relate. Back in the day I'd be out in this stuff 12 hours a day working like a crazy man and never had an issue. With the recent onslaught though, I can only manage 20 to 30 minutes in the heat, and not even working, and I'm ready to throw in the towel.
coming indoors to enjoy a beverage or two, well...er....maybe just one in keeping with the damn moderation theme
WHAT?? Sorry my friend, but that's where I check the "moderation" concept at the door :emoji_laughing:
Anyhow, love the simple and tasty dinner Robert. Gonna try this one.
Thanks buddy. So simple yet so very good. It really is worth making this one.

Robert

Great looking meal to me! And no shame in cooking indoors when you can bake bread in your mailbox!

Jim

Looks fantastic Robert.
Thanks so much Chris. It was really good.
Its currently in the high 60s here and cloudy
Oh hush :emoji_laughing: We're almost 60 degrees higher than that.
You tumbleweed boys are going thru a rough patch these past few weeks
Yes we are. In addition to the extreme heat, we've have not gotten any rain to speak of for about 4 years. Major drought conditions right now and the whole region is a tinderbox ready to ignite...and the fires here started yesterday morning. Getting kinda scary.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky