I think it's a sour cherry tree

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin' dick

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
N. Andover, MA
As I was strolling around the vast expanse of my estate, all 1/4 acre of it, I noticed a tree about 3 inches in diameter sprouting from the base of a maple.
This tree would be about 15 feet tall if it was standing straight up, but it has so much fruit on it, it is bent almost down to the ground. Now I normally notice things , but this tree is surprising me as I've never noticed fruit before. Now I know that the wood would be good for smoking, but is the fruit good to eat? Or pies or muffins? It is green now just beginning to turn red so in the next day or so I may pick one to see what it tastes like. Anyone have any experience with this tree? Thanks.

If you could post some pictures of the fruit, leaves ans possibly the bark, we can better figure what it is.

Here is a shot of the whole, rather weak, tree.

Here is a pic of the bark

Here is a pic of a leaf

Here is a pic of the fruit

Here is another of the fruit

You guys are right, it's a crap apple. Just took one of the fruits and cut it in half. Seeds, no pit. I was hoping for a cherry tree since there are two pear, one apple and an ornamental apple tree in the yard already. Oh well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky