Started some sour dough starter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the better websites I found is

Very basic recipes for a beginner.
I came across this video recipe today. Never thought about adding buttermilk to the mix but I can see how this would help getting it going.

Buttermilk? Hmm That's sound to be a lower yeast and higher lactic acid formula.

One of the better websites I found is

Very basic recipes for a beginner.

Buttermilk? Hmm That's sound to be a lower yeast and higher lactic acid formula.
I'm not a sourdough guy and I am sure not a baker of bread but if you read through the comments this seems to work for most.
Might give it a try next week to see what happens. Snow storm right now lol. Thought spring was here but I guess not.
screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2024.03.24-21_18_26.png

I been doing a 50 gram starter, 50 gram water & 50 gram bread four feeding and I cannot believe just how this is taking off. Used to wait 24 hours for results. This is after 3 hours of feeding. Think its going to be a happy starter and I did all by my self without getting some from a freind or buying from those that sell it.

20240327_182123.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky