I miss the old Post Count Thing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Maybe I'm the only one, but there is another Small thing missing from this new forum.

At the top right of each post, it has the number the post is, like #1, #2, #10 or whatever it is.

On the old forum, if there was 86 posts on that thread, it would say #1 of 86, #2 of 86, #10 of 86.

I personally miss that, because no matter what page you are on, you know how many posts are left after the one you're reading. Like if there's 3 more posts left, I'll keep reading, but if there are 76 more posts, I might want to leave or skip to the last page.

I guess if it's not hard to get this on this platform, that would be nice, but if it's too hard to do, it isn't that important.

Just thought I'd mention this.

Bear

Last edited:
I like it because you could link to that specific post in a thread.
It works out well for my home page when I would have multiple cooks in one thread, I would link each separate cook/recipe to the numbered post corresponding to the description.
I'm pretty sure it's still there.

Got it Bear don't know how I missed it
Total posts are shown with the post number.

Lol. I really never noticed

Got it Bear don't know how I missed it
Total posts are shown with the post number.

Lol. I really never noticed

I'm missing that.
Where does it give you the Total Posts Number?

Bear

I'm missing that.
Where does it give you the Total Posts Number?

Bear
I don't see that it does, I was saying that I misunderstood your original post saying that the total posts were on every post.

And I replied "got it" and pointed out I understood what you meant by stating, "Total posts are shown with the post number." Meaning the old forum.

OK--Got it !!
Hard for two Old Guys to get on the same wave-length.

Reminds me of an old one "A Sqwib & a Bear walk into a Bar"........................

Bear

Type what you want the link to say, highlight that, click on the url symbol.
Insert the link
That cleans up a long url to whatever you want it to say.[/QUOTE]

I've tried 18 ways from breakfast to put my own words in that URL and I can't get an abbreviated version...

Dave,
I don't think he meant type what you want it to say in the URL.

Type what you want it to say "Where you want to post it".
Then highlight that.
After highlighting what you want it to say, stick the Link into the slot that comes up when you click on the two "Chain links" at the top of the reply box.
Then click "Insert" to close the box.

Does that make sense?

Bear

Used to look like this to me .

Screenshot_2017-09-25-12-26-30.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky