I bought a new 3D printer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I love Delta 3D printers, I have had two and now own a third. I have had many 3D printers over the years and this is just another improvement.

I am still building another top of the line one but got impatient printing parts for it so I was keeping my eye on this one. It was originally $1350 and dropped to $850 a year ago soon after it came out. I wanted it but didn't want to give in since my current delta printer was working just fine. Amazon had a deal a few weeks ago and dropped the price to $560 so I gave in. It was time to buy.

The quality and speed of this 3D printer is pretty much unmatched at this price point. It is a FLSUN V400. It is a beast. It has too many features to mention here but it is a top of the line 3D printer that has an affordable price. It can print almost any type of filament at speeds others can't come close to at speeds others cant match.

flsun_v400_0007.jpg

My old delta will be givin to my brother tomorrow so his kids can have fun with it. In the mean time I am printing lots of stuff every day on my new toy.

This is a comparison of a 1/10 scale RC body I printed on my ANET A8 printer about 5 years ago and how much nicer the same files can be printed out today. The original print of the 4Runner body.

anet_a8_plus_006.jpg

Now before and afters.

The hood before.

2024_3dprint_4runner_hood_old.jpg

And after.

2024_3dprint_4runner_hood_new.jpg

The doors before.

2024_3dprint_4runner_door_old.jpg

And After.

2024_3dprint_4runner_door_new.jpg

The tailgate before.

2024_3dprint_4runner_tailgate_old.jpg

And after.

2024_3dprint_4runner_tailgate_new.jpg

You can see how much the 3D printers have improved over the years and why it is nice to upgrade every few years. The after pics were just printed so the support structures have not been removed yet.

Reactions: 02ebz06
I gotta say I was 3d printing things way more important before this but I received and update on the 4Runner files and just had to stop what I was doing and print them out.

That's so cool... I want to see the 4runner finished product as We are 4runner fans.. On our 4th one... 2003 limited with 200,000 miles (still like new)... Just getting broke in...

Oh... We are Tundra fans as well... on our second one .. 2015 with 39,000 miles...

That is so cool. Nice score on the price too.

Love to have one, but don't know what I'd do with it other than make spools for thermometer cables. :emoji_grin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky