My Home Office

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
custom gaming PC.
Cool . Figured it was . I taught myself to build PC's back in the mid 90's . At one time I had 11 pc's on a network running in the house . Older tech , but got into the gaming and performance of it all . Started with slot 1 Pentium 2's , then 3's and was running an overclocked Pentium 4 Prescott in the early 2000's . High end video and sound cards for the time period . Sound blaster live with a creative 5.1 surround sounds pretty good .
I went retro years ago and built an old slot 1 Pentium 2 266 with dual Voodoo 3 video cards . Just because had the parts . Like restoring a classic car .
Ok , you have me flashing back and geeking out . I still have all this stuff in the basement . Just sitting there . Gonna have to dig through it .

Nice assortment of printers. If you had to pic one printer for doing mostly work like projects which would you get? I think one would be nice to have around the farm

Nice assortment of printers. If you had to pic one printer for doing mostly work like projects which would you get? I think one would be nice to have around the farm

If you have never done any 3D printing there is a pretty steep learning curve to it. The designing is the hard part to master. There is a free program online that is much easier to learn on. Tinkercad is about as easy as it gets. You have to think outside the box when designing. It is simple squares, circles, cylinders and more. You fuse them together in either positive or negative forms to create an object.

You can find all kinds of free designs at Thingverse. They range from crap to crap! that's free?

For your first printer I would start with something small but dependable like a Monoprice Select Mini V2. The larger you go the more finicky they become.

Looks good. A couple of those trucks look like the 3Dsets printed ones I've seen and have contemplated buying myself. I've never pulled the trigger on them though.

I bought a Toyota 4Runner to match my real one from cult3D. What is nice is they have provided several upgrades to the 3D print for free since I purchased it. I printed it and fiberglass reinforced the inside. Here it is next to a beer can for scale.

4runner_body_on_car.jpg

If you have never done any 3D printing there is a pretty steep learning curve to it. The designing is the hard part to master. There is a free program online that is much easier to learn on. Tinkercad is about as easy as it gets. You have to think outside the box when designing. It is simple squares, circles, cylinders and more. You fuse them together in either positive or negative forms to create an object.

You can find all kinds of free designs at Thingverse. They range from crap to crap! that's free?

For your first printer I would start with something small but dependable like a Monoprice Select Mini V2. The larger you go the more finicky they become.
Thank you for the advice and links

90beater, room looks great! I keep eyeing those 3D set-ups but have held off. Maybe one day....

My den has been a storage room for a couple years now while we are remodeling. Maybe one day.......lol
You too?!?!? When it cools off a little more, I will resume working on my storage shed. Once the shelving is installed, it will be major cleaning/sorting/ organizing time! That is my project for this fall.

Just a slight update. I had ordered a custom neon sign that represents the website I have had for about 25 years. Topher's World. There is a lot of blue in this pic. I had to re-arrange everything to make it fit.

office_upgrade_03.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky