My Home Office

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have worked as an IT professional for 34 years before my retirement so I was always keeping up with the latest computer technology as well as other fun electronic gadgets. That is shown in my home office. It is no different than how some of us are in our cooking experiences. I just spent the last few days making my home office less cluttered and more enjoyable to sit in.

The pilots desk. I spend way too much time here but it's OK.

2021_02_07_home_office.jpg

The co-pilots desk. I have since installed a larger monitor and she is good with it. My wife doesn't us it as often.

office_remas_desk_02.jpg

The toy rack. Gotta put them somewhere.

2021_02_013_home_office.jpg

I just spent a lot of time cleaning out a closet with 20+ years of buildup. I also moved a gun safe to another place in the house so I could move all my 3D printers away from right behind me when I am on the computer.

office_upgrade_01.jpg

I could then lower the shelf that held the printers and make it nicer for memorabilia I had in different places and a few other cool things I had around.

office_upgrade_02.jpg

This is just a fun place to be and enjoy my retired life in.

Nice setup.
Mine needs some updating.
My monitor is only 36"
PC needs updating.
Normally I update it when I do my Linux servers but didn't last year.
Had a NIC fail last week, fortunately had a spare in closet.
Think that was a sign.
And your desktop and desk are a whole lot neater that mine.
I probably have 4 times the the icons on my desktop. Haha
Wife has her own office with an All-in-one PC.
It's due for updating as well.
She uses her office mostly for doing exercises and storage for her yarn (lots of it).

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Very nice!! I plan on working on my office more we this winter. I have one desk for gaming. It's a built in cherry desk. The other desk is the bill payments my business desk. I have a wall of built in cherry bookcase as well that is a mess. Big declutter project coming.

My office has improved somewhat... got carpet in basement so massage chair and gun cabinet have moved. Your office looks great! Maybe need some OCD in my life to get organized... Nah, never happen lol!

Ryan

Awesome office I like it. Nice chair and what size is that monitor? Tell us a bit about your 3D printers

Wow west coast Chris your way cooler then east coast version. I also have a degree in software engineering, but gave up coding back in 2004. Just got sick of it. My home office now consists of a laptop on a TV dinner table in the living room ha ha. It's comfortable.

Chris

Nice setup . Alienware PC ?

No, it's a custom gaming PC.

I7-6700K
32GB RAM
2TB SSD - Windows\programs
2TB SSD - Data storage
Nvidia 3070 Ti
Windows 10 64 bit
50" TLC 4K monitor

Bose wireless headphones
Xbox controller

I played the heck out of Red Dead Redemption 2
Also:
Far Cry 5
GTA5
Assasssin's creed Origin and Valhalla

Reactions: chopsaw and 02ebz06
Awesome office I like it. Nice chair and what size is that monitor? Tell us a bit about your 3D printers
Starting from the right is a FLSUN QQ2 Pro delta printer. It is the largest. I just replaced the belts on it.

A full size skull
flsun_qq_s_pro_0002.jpg

Or more practical
cool_tools_001.jpg

Next is an Anet A8 It is half way being converted into a dual extruder unit. I got a little frustrated with it and am taking a break from it before continuing.

The the Anycubic Mono X 6K resin printer and wash and cure station. Ha I had to look around for something I have printed with it.

Here is a mask. It has great detail.
anycubic_mask.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
Your monitor puts mine to shame.
I can top you the storage part anyway. Haha
My Servers have 10TB for data. Total on it is about 14.75TB.
All hardware Raid 1.

Last edited:
I have worked as an IT professional for 34 years before my retirement so I was always keeping up with the latest computer technology as well as other fun electronic gadgets. That is shown in my home office. It is no different than how some of us are in our cooking experiences. I just spent the last few days making my home office less cluttered and more enjoyable to sit in.

View attachment 677113

The co-pilots desk. I have since installed a larger monitor and she is good with it. My wife doesn't us it as often.

View attachment 677114

View attachment 677115

I just spent a lot of time cleaning out a closet with 20+ years of buildup. I also moved a gun safe to another place in the house so I could move all my 3D printers away from right behind me when I am on the computer.

View attachment 677116

I could then lower the shelf that held the printers and make it nicer for memorabilia I had in different places and a few other cool things I had around.

View attachment 677117

Wow such fun stuff, where to start?! lol.

I'd love to pick your brain about a 3D printing question I have. I don't do and have tried to find a local place to take on a project but like most businesses (that I run into), I can't get in touch with anyone much less have them contact me back so I can give them money to do their jobs lol.

Wow such fun stuff, where to start?! lol.

I'd love to pick your brain about a 3D printing question I have. I don't do and have tried to find a local place to take on a project but like most businesses (that I run into), I can't get in touch with anyone much less have them contact me back so I can give them money to do their jobs lol.
I will send you a PM to see if I can help.

Reactions: tallbm

View attachment 677113

View attachment 677114

View attachment 677115

View attachment 677116

View attachment 677117

Nice space. I got claustrophobic in my spare bedroom office and moved to the dining room table. Wife isn't much too happy about the green sheet i hung on the dining room wall as a chromakey backdrop for zoom/team/google meetings. plus my 80" TV is better for all day viewing than the 40" in my office

Nice space. I got claustrophobic in my spare bedroom office and moved to the dining room table. Wife isn't much too happy about the green sheet i hung on the dining room wall as a chromakey backdrop for zoom/team/google meetings. plus my 80" TV is better for all day viewing than the 40" in my office

My wife is great at putting up with a lot of my shenanigans but would definitely give a big no to that. She protects her territory. I get this room and the garage.

Reactions: fxsales1959
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky