how to get crispy skin for chick wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffhoon

Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
brine wings overnight in a slurry of kosher salt sugar fresh oj fresh lemon fresh lime put in your wing splits (I keep the tips on the rail) pour into a sieve the next day.

Pat dry and place on cookie sheet with raised grid place sprinkle with kosher salt about 1/2 tsp per pound of wings put into fridge overnight next day about 5 hours before smoking set them out on the counter and rub with your prefered wing dry rub let sit about 1 hr then put in fridge again. In 2 hours fire up the smoker to 225f add hickory and apple wood (i like chunks just under size of my fist for about 48 splits) smoke about 1 hour then close down the vents and go into the kitchen and bring peanut oil enough to cover your smoked wings take wings off smoker then drop wings into 375 f oil for 2 to 3 minutes and you will have a crispy wing skin. toss wings in your sauces and you will have a very good wing

Reactions: Jabiru and tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky