How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
a waterfowler and love to shoot my Browning 12ga "Auto 5" semi-automatic shotgun...when most, if not all, of my buddies have gone for the modern guns. I'm still shooting a fine waterfowling piece designed over 60 years ago.

Dave

Well, most folks seem to think I'm Canadian (obvious assumption), but Hoser actually comes from working the streets for 36 years as a firefighter. Most of them spent with "Hose Company #2".

Recently retired to devote more time to smoke

My dream is to one day be able to afford to go dirt racing, the # on my car would be 775 bc it's a large and bold number, and dirtman for the obvious reasons of racing on dirt.

Being raised in the country we used to like to play pranks nothing serious..Well a city slicker neighbor moved in down the way and when something was done even if it wasn't by me he always blamed me..Saying it was probably that "Damned ole country boy Dennis" Hence docb..dennis is obvious. After that all my friend started calling me docb..it stuck

As an ironworker/welder of 20 years I used to do a lot of work dealing with extreme heights, heavy loads of steel, and hot flying molten metal. On a couple of occasions I had some mishaps. Have you ever seen those signs DANGER MAN AT WORK? Well one day I flipped up my welding hood to find one of those signs next to me but it was altered to read, DANGER DAN AT WORK.

Soon I was being called danger by my fellow iron workers and it stuck. I have done some way out and crazy dangerous stunts in the way I got things done both at home and work during my years and in my career prior to OSHA. If you ever saw me work you'd probably agree with the nic.

I've retired from the tough work some ten years ago and only do building inspection now
Myself, I think the way I did things was pefectly safe, so long as nobody around me ever got hurt.
biggrin.gif

Im a fireman on an engine company, and smoke showing is a term used to tell later arriving companies what we have.

I am from Notre Dame country. We love our college football around here, Win or Lose[with alot more losses coming lately] we have the greatest tailgate parties every Saturday during the season. Imagine 100,000 fans drinking beer and BBQing everything imagineable in a parking lot overlooking the most famous stadium in college football today. I live for Notre Dame football and its only 5 weeks away. The Chicago Cubs are great as well.

I've always been a huge astronomy geek, I can literally blow my mind thinking about how huge the solar system is compared to our planet. My last name rymes with solar, so a few friends back in highschool started calling me solar as a joke and it's stuck since.

Mine's pretty simple really. I love to fish, particularly for shiny fish shaped like footballs
icon_smile.gif
And when it comes to football shaped fish, the ones as big as a volkswagen are the my favorite, thus the GreatBigTuna. It's been my handle on every message board since Al Gore invented the internet.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

-- Jason

Eaglewing has been my gaming handle for years....
I play online military games, Delta force, Battlefield, and now Call of Cuty4.
That's right, a 50 yr old man plays army games online....ya wana make something of it??!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I love waterfowl hunting, primarily ducks...and sharing the marsh and blind with you best 4 legged friend is something which I truly enjoy. I can't imagine life without my dogs, they are part of our family...though they don't get the BBQ :-)

I'm often told I look like a caveman (or a yeti, if I skip the rather tedious ritual of hacking the steel wire off my face) as I'm 6'4" tall, 275 pounds, and covered with fur (I feel like a chia pet), and I wind up smelling like smoke at least once a week, so I figured 'eh, what the heck'

I've got the screen name Ima Tryin. This comes from a class I am presently taking at Seminole Community Colledge in Ovido Florida. The class is Celestial Navigation and for the most part involves spherical trigonomety. Since celestial navigation is about boats, one must keep a deck log while on watch as navigator, and since im struggling with this class I sign my log book with Ima Tryin and that is what I'm doing with my new smoker....Tryin

Some of my family used to call me Werd, short for Edward I guess. I eventually started playing Unreal Tournament on line and thought my avatar had some resemblance to a wolf, hence WerdWolf. My avatar is actually a pic of my gamming character. When I want to be calm, mellow, serene, I smoke some food. When I have pent up energy or frustration I blow things up online!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky