Santa Has Come...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After reading so much about this, my plan is to eventually buy a dedicated stuffer. Also thinking about the cuber attachment, but it's out of stock until late February next year. Kind of pricy, but if it works, way cheaper than a Hobart.
Yeah, I'm looking at the 7lb manual stuffers right now, I need to keep the weight down as much as possible. Like the look of the ten pounder from TSM but a couple of reviews stated really hard to turn, that's not going to work. Might look at their five pounder, I like the steel gears. Jan's bugging me to get something here, need to find out how they fasten down to the counter top. RAY

I buy enough knives and plates so I can make a dedicated pair for each plate and knife set. I think they stay sharper longer.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I buy enough knives and plates so I can make a dedicated pair for each plate and knife set. I think they stay sharper longer.
Thanks, I actually ordered another knife for my grinder for just this reason. The grinder came with 2 plates and 1 knife. I will definitely buy in pairs...

looking at the 7lb manual stuffers right now, I need to keep the weight down as much as possible.
You're gonna want something . You won't like the way that grinder stuffs . I did it once when I first got it . Stopped and ran up to Rural King and bought the 5 pound Lem .
I have an overhang on my counters , so I just clamp it . I've seen guys use suction cups .
My 5 doesn't like the small stick sized stuff , but not hard to crank with hog or SS casings .
1701364632447.png

You're gonna want something . You won't like the way that grinder stuffs . I did it once when I first got it . Stopped and ran up to Rural King and bought the 5 pound Lem .
I have an overhang on my counters , so I just clamp it . I've seen guys use suction cups .
My 5 doesn't like the small stick sized stuff , but not hard to crank with hog or SS casings .
View attachment 682237
Stop it Rich, you're gonna push me over the edge...🤣

Thanks Rich, 5lb Mighty Bite ordered and on the way! I'll get the 1/2" SS tube if the one I have left doesn't fit. Not too heavy, should work fine, thanks again! RAY

PS: I'm not going to miss lumping around and cleaning my old 20lb electric, tho it did serve me well.

DSCN1211.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
So does anyone here have any experience with the LEM cuber attachment? I'd love a cuber, but a Hobart is way out of the question...

Thanks, I actually ordered another knife for my grinder for just this reason. The grinder came with 2 plates and 1 knife. I will definitely buy in pairs...

I have a different set up but as far as plates and knives, I've been using the same knife now for about 4 years. I grind a decent amount, I'd say an average of 15lbs/month - and I've done as much as twice that in one sitting. I've just noticed the last few grinds that it might be time to swap out the blade.

I might catch some flak for this, but you can totally run your parts though the dishwasher but you can't use dishwasher detergent or bleach on the parts. A SMALL shot of Dawn in both the detergent holder and as prewash and use the quick wash setting and your stuff comes out just fine and spotless. Rinse everything very well to get any visible grind/fat/leftover solids out before you stow them in the dishwasher.

Guess what's $.99 at Food Lions in my area (just south of Charlotte) this week! Yup - butts!

and for the win, both anise and fennel in the italian ;)

Guess what's $.99 at Food Lions in my area (just south of Charlotte) this week! Yup - butts!
I looked at your ad and our Food Lion ad has St. Louis ribs for $2.49/lb. in the same spot in the flyer that you have the butts. Maybe next week we'll have the butts...

Nice score Charles, and I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky