How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
HOLY SMITE!!
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

I went with 2cycle when forums first came about, because 2stroke was... well, you know. I'm a marine diesel tech, and in the last 15yrs I developed the reputation of being good at the old GM/Detroit Diesel marine engines. A 2 cycle diesel engine. The engines were designed back in the 30's, and were to be a disposable engine for landing crafts. If you ever saw a movie about "D-Day", all the boats were powered by 2 cycle Grey Marine/GM, diesel engines. They were in production from 1938 to 1998. Back then they started at 160hp, when they stopped production they had it up to 485hp. 60yrs of production, musta done something right.

I ride motorcycles too, so on the motorcycle forums the handle fits in. Even though I aint raced 2 strokes in 30yrs. But I still have a 2 kick CH, that turns 40 this year. And I'm an old "hotshoe" from days past.

Greg

On edit... I love to burn a dead critter on my grill or smoker!!!

When I was in Afghanistan an old First Sergeant sent this speech to me.

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004...0726sheep.html

It moved me quite a bit. I was a 50 cal gunner till I got injured and we had our own radio freq that the gunners would comunicate on. It was just us on this net so we could use nicknames instead of military approved call signs. When I read the speech to my guys one day they all just started calling me sheepdog. It became part of a way of life and not just a handle. I went over a young sheepdog and now have the mentality of the older sheepdogs. To be honest the young comes out still quite a bit. If you read it and like it pass it on to some young sheepdogs you know. Thank you.

OldAirForceGuy was pretty simple to invent, 'cause I am one. Twenty years, two weeks, one day and six hours (but who was counting) active duty. Been retired going on 21 years, now (gawd, I'm getting older, aren't I? Maybe that's why I now have more hair on my arms than I do on my head -- lol)

Terry

I would not trade one single moment of my Air Force career for anything, but I sure would be happy to give a few of them away!
Flying for 72 hours to go absolutely nowhere is my idea of fun?

Firebaugh is a name I've used since the early 90's gaming online. I took it from a song from the Circle Jerks, the song was about the city Firebaugh, CA.

Well, I was for many years a photographer. When pro's started switching to digital I resisted, because I absolutely loved film and it's ability to capture what I saw... I eventually had to switch because my employer (a major newspaper) insisted. Now the technology is amazing and digi is everything film was and more. UNFORTUNATELY THE GREAT NEW DIGITALS COINCIDED WITH MY RETIREMENT !!! I chose the screenname years ago..Probably before digital was even available to the public. Because of my love for film, I have never changed it..Bob <><

Well I'm a HUGE Vikings fan (as yall can probably see) So much so that I was honored by the Vikings and the NFL and I'm in the Fan Exhibit in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

Last name also starts w a V.
Called myself Vman for years.

Started the face paint get up (long story involving a bet after several beers).

Someone at the tailgate asked me what I called my self, so since the Vikings and my last name both start w a V (and since I was already Vman) I spouted back that I was SUPER Vman.

Party on from there.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Vman

well i like leting people come up with there own reson for my screen name ........it seams like ever one knows what it means but ever one has a differnt reson for it lol so i just let people thin what they want to think

Mine comes from a Lab/ Husky mix dog I had for 15 years. His name was Roscoe. Most the time I called him Roscoe Dog. Best darn dog I have ever had. He went everywere I went. Sure do miss him.

i started out using my real name on the internet, but deciced that might not be a good idea. while i was trying to decide on a new name
someone told me " it's the internet, you can be anything"
so i decided i wanted to be latin and smarmy

unfortunatly ricardo montebon was allready beind used

My name is pretty boring, but.....

My real name is Jack and I am, from what I believe, the only person who smokes food in southeast Delaware County, Pennsylvania. I have been on the look out for anyone else who smokes food near me to maybe join a team or start one, and can not find anyone. When I first moved in my new home last year my neighbor always comes out to hang while the smoke is rollin and one day started calling me Smokin Jack. The name stuck and I just so happened to be joining the forum, which made coming up with a screen name much easier !!!!

Awesome thread, awesome forum

Good Smokin'

First initial, last name, and aol tagged on the 1000 way back when they first started. Used it ever since.

I like the thread - it is a great idea. I have a small "projects" recording studio in my home which is just off of Loretto Road in Jacksonville, FL. The bulk of the bands that I have played in were Beatle bands and the idea for the studio name came from the Abby Road Album - one of my favorites. So, I took a digital image of the Abby Road cover (reverse) and pixel by pixel changed the Abby Road to Loretto Road and put together 2 cds using this cover back. I am happy to report that the albums went "lead" - we have a way to go for gold or platinum. However it was a good "joke". All 3 people that got the cd's commented on how good the cover art was!!!

How about everyone else? It would be great to hear how the names came into existance.

I surf and my first name starts with E. = Surfer_E

Oh and I also think underscores are cool.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky