Venison and CWD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't worry with it. I butcher myself and the carcass stays intact. I may cut the spine to toss it, but use the machette for that, which also cuts Poison vines.

The Fish or inside loins are first, then separate all 3 large muscle in the legs out and extra loin top of the butt. Strip back strap out. Shoulders off and debone to grind. Neck stripped off and usualy ground. Can get two roast per side or one larger one without the spine. Have to marinade and tie like a tied roast. Flanks out east are covered in fat and usually donated to the small carnivores when dropping the bones in the pit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky