Hmmm, What to Do with This?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh nice!!!
Have you ever made "cuerito"?
I believe you fry the skin at a lower temp so it comes out soft and tender. Squeeze some lime and sprinkle some salt and OMG soooo good!!!

They are super tender and soft not crunchy and crispy.

Here's a picture off the internet of a cuerito taco, the tanslucent squares are the soft skin:
View attachment 460637
Nope, never have made'em.
But I've chowed down on plenty, and they're really good.
You can buy them jarred in various flavors, and then add whatever sauce or seasoning you like for tacos.

Last edited:
Rich has it, Porchetta.
Lets see if I can pull this off.

I'll be watching . When I first saw this post , that was the first thing that came to mind . Also thought you'd be the guy to pull it off . I have faith in you , and thanks for over looking the spelling .

Reactions: chilerelleno
A Porchetta was my intention from the git-go.
I was just curious about what others would think to do with a whole, bone-in, skin-on pork belly.

It's coming along fairly well, but I did make one mistake.
Scored it lengthwise instead of vertically, might make slicing a pain.

Almost ready to move into a 500° oven to crisp the skin.
I'll be posting a separate thread for the cook.
Wish me luck, I'm gonna nna need it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky