Suggestions for the bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BuddHound

Original poster
Jan 5, 2024
Texas Hill Country
Ordered a package of thick bacon and one pork sparerib cut from Kroger delivery.....they delivered THREE! I double checked and sure enough I was only charged for one. A late Christmas present from Kroger I guess! Lol.

I already have plans for the ribs and rib tips on my new offset, but unsure what to do with the bacon. Did I screw up ordering pre-sliced bacon? It was such a good price! Open to suggestions of what to do with it, if anything, on my stickburner.

Attachments

• 20240101_173805.jpg
    20240101_173805.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 21
Appetizers! Thick cut bacon is what you want for pig shots, it would make great pig candy, as already mentioned, and I'm sure it would make great ABTs, even though I generally use regular cut for that. Lots of other smoked appetizers include bacon in some form. And frying it up with eggs, or pancakes or making bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches for breakfast on a smoking day are great options too.

Having too much bacon is not a thing.

You could double smoke some of the bacon while the ribs cook and have a BLT for lunch. Vacuum seal the remainder in smaller packages for future use.

Reactions: BuddHound
Ordered a package of thick bacon and one pork sparerib cut from Kroger delivery.....they delivered THREE! I double checked and sure enough I was only charged for one. A late Christmas present from Kroger I guess! Lol.

I already have plans for the ribs and rib tips on my new offset, but unsure what to do with the bacon. Did I screw up ordering pre-sliced bacon? It was such a good price! Open to suggestions of what to do with it, if anything, on my stickburner.
Nice!! Bacon wrapped poppers and a bacon weave fatty top my list!

.........................Did I screw up ordering pre-sliced bacon? It was such a good price! Open to suggestions of what to do with it, if anything, on my stickburner.
Don't remember seeing unsliced bacon at a Kroger in years.
I always buy thick sliced breakfast and Pig Candy. Thin sliced for lattace work and quck cooking on poppers and the like.
One suggestion. Try Wright's bacon next time.

You could double smoke some of the bacon while the ribs cook and have a BLT for lunch. Vacuum seal the remainder in smaller packages for future use.
And I have never thought of this! I do a lot of recipes with bacon. And now I want a BLT!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky