Hickory smoked deer heart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks to all who responded. Crazy, did you use any cure #1on the heart before you smoked it.
G, No cure as the heart isn't brined. I use either olive oil or mustard and then roll in a rub of your choice and smoke

I hope to give this a try this fall, venison heart never makes it to the fridge! It always lands in the frying pan at deer camp, I will have to give smoking it a try.

Reactions: crazymoon
I hope to give this a try this fall, venison heart never makes it to the fridge! It always lands in the frying pan at deer camp, I will have to give smoking it a try.
PJIV, I hope you try it and like it,all my deer hearts go this route now.

I can't wait to try this! I ate my first deer heart (grilled to med-rare in red wine on a cast iron skillet) last year and wanted to kick myself for how many I've left in the field all these years. Hoping to get a clean neck/head shot again this year so I can smoke one.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky