Caveman Day: Big, Burly, Bodacious Bones (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did this one see any heat at all...ha ha ha ha
Well, I set it on the grate in the smoker and waved a candle over it. Does that count?
Just poking at you Robert
I know you are David...and that's just the fun nature of our friendship.
All kidding aside Robert. That is a great spread for 3 fellas. and nice camera work.
Thank you sir. It was a nice meal even if a bit overboard with the meat. Still a fun time seeing Doug's face when I plopped that rib down on his plate.
And as long as your pup had her dessert of the pick of the 3 bones
Well, she got the one I picked for her but she is always thrilled to get one. Being the most spoiled pup on the planet, there's no way she's going to miss out on a nice beef bone.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
A plate any true American man would be thrilled sitting down to, great work!
Thank you my friend. It was certainly an all American meal and one enjoyed by all 3 of us. Was also a fun cook being that I'm really getting a handle on running the new smoker. BTW, great to see you getting back in the saddle buddy.

Robert

Hahaha you are such a cut-up! 🤣 You are way ahead of me sir!
Well, you know i like having fun but I also try to show respect for people who deserve it....and you certainly deserve it. Some of the stuff you've showcased recently boggles the mind. Truly amazing food...but I wonder what you do with all of it :emoji_wink: Nothing like cooking a 12 pound chunk of meat all for yourself :emoji_astonished:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Retired Spook
I can't wait to smoke one of those, That was the second choice for fathers day, if they didn't have tomahawk
Appreciate the kind words. I'm 100% convinced after doing several roasts this way that the very low cook temp really makes a difference in the finished meal.
That new smoker seems to work very well, and you have it dialed in for sure. Awesome!
I'm getting there with the smoker. Being a hybrid design, none of the tried-and-true techniques really apply. I'm having tomake up a whole new set of rules for this rig but making progress.

Robert

Now that a beautiful plate of beef Robert!
Suitable for framing
Thanks so much Keith. The pics came out well but I have a feeling that Tracy would protest my choice of artwork were I try to frame it for display :emoji_wink:

Robert

Well, you know i like having fun but I also try to show respect for people who deserve it....and you certainly deserve it. Some of the stuff you've showcased recently boggles the mind. Truly amazing food...but I wonder what you do with all of it :emoji_wink: Nothing like cooking a 12 pound chunk of meat all for yourself :emoji_astonished:

Robert
I eat a little and give the rest away to a few good neighbors!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: 02ebz06
When the protein is that good you dont need extravagant sides to detract from the greatness!

Jim

Dang Robert, that is a beefy rib you got there!!!!! I would gobble that all day long!

Oh don't let DRKsmoking DRKsmoking give you a hard time..... that rib is the right kind of "doneness"!!!!

Here is a concept that I'd bet very few, if any, have considered for their Throwdown entry. Per entry requirements, here is one pic with a brief description and the code word "Ribs".

Food looks great.

But I don't anything about a throwdown.

When the protein is that good you dont need extravagant sides to detract from the greatness!
Thank you once again Jim for the positive reinforcement I need to justify being lazy....and not wanting to cook a bunch of stuff :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Looks like you've got that smoker completely dialed in Robert. Excellent work my friend!
Thank you Matt. Still working on fine tuning the little tweaks but overall I'm getting a handle on how it works. being a hybrid design it's totally different than any smoker I've ever had...but it's also pretty awesome :emoji_wink:

Robert

Dang Robert, that is a beefy rib you got there!!!!! I would gobble that all day long!
Thanks so much buddy. It'd take all day long to get through one of those ribs :emoji_laughing:
Oh don't let DRKsmoking DRKsmoking give you a hard time..... that rib is the right kind of "doneness"!!!!
Oh David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) doesn't bother me. If he wants to torch his meat, that's his choice :emoji_laughing: In the meantime he and I just have fun poking at each other like this. You know how those Canadians are...just no savvy where good beef is concerned :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky