Soul Food, 6 Hour Smoked and Braised Oxtail and Confit, Creamy Mashed and Bacon Collard Greens My TD entry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First off congratulations David on the win(s). Now that is one beautiful plate. Excellent Job!!!
I've seen ox tail in our local grocer before, but as you say it's awfully expensive. I may have bite the bullet and give it a go now that I've seen what the end results can be.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the love and the comment

Thanks it was a honor to win and than win both. against all the other great cooks, and very nice of you to say Thanks.

I had to go to a few stores to find some that had some meat on/in them, and good size pieces. And I pounded the pepper and rub to them, I was blown away how good the meat was,
long, slow and low. everything broke down really nice.
I will be making more dishes with oxtail again. First might be Jamaican oxtail stew , always wanted to try it , now I will cook it myself

David

Beautiful meal and perfect execution. I've never had oxtail but I gotta say, that looks absolutely superb. Fantastic meal and a much deserved win my friend. BTW, your wish for the prize has been executed and I'm gonna talk to Tracy about the other aspect that we discussed. The worst thing she can do is say no and with her in total awe over what you want done with the prize, I might be able to get her on board :emoji_wink:

Robert

Delicious looking meal David! I don't believe I've had Ox tail before. I'm putting this on my bucket list.

Thanks Steve for the love and the comment

This was the first time for me , I have always wanted to try oxtail soup ( Jamaican )

Very close to the best beef I have had.

David

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

Beautiful meal and perfect execution. I've never had oxtail but I gotta say, that looks absolutely superb. Fantastic meal and a much deserved win my friend.

Yes it was a busy day on this one , but really well worth it. The flavours and texture of the fall away from the bone and oh so juicy .

and like I have said was a surprise to win , but to win both. I am very honored. and thanks to all for the work to set this up and the votes of coarse.

BTW, your wish for the prize has been executed and I'm gonna talk to Tracy about the other aspect that we discussed. The worst thing she can do is say no and with her in total awe over what you want done with the prize, I might be able to get her on board :emoji_wink:

It is my pleasure and I know it will be well appreciated. What ever happens is good with me Robert.
It is the least we can do in these times .

Thank you my heat stroked southern friend. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: 🤠

David

Looks pretty tasty there David. . .Nice Job!

John

Thanks John for the comment

It was a very good meal and I really loved the ox tail. First time I ever had and cooked it.
It was so tender. And it gave me the double win in the Labor day throwdown.
The most flavourful beef I have ever had . And I really love short ribs and this was better ( or tied for first )

And the win helped out many folks on both sides of the boarder.

David

Thanks
BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma , for the love . That was a special double win Throwdown for me.
As it ended up helping so many people on both sides of the boarder.

Thanks for reminding me of the cook Brian. Loved the ox tail.

David
Thought about doing today but just to cold! Going with roast in the oven. My left hand been swollen and very painful last few days. I hope they get something figured out soon! Had X-Rays yesterday and still waiting on Neurologist to call to schedule appt.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thought about doing today but just to cold! Going with roast in the oven. My left hand been swollen and very painful last few days. I hope they get something figured out soon! Had X-Rays yesterday and still waiting on Neurologist to call to schedule appt.

Sorry to hear that your hand ( s ) still giving you problems. Your appointment the other day was just for xrays. That sucks I thought they were going to do more with your January appointment.

I remember when you first commented on this meal, you were going to wait until it cooled down. But I guess it went to the extreme in the cooling down idea.
You guys are have some colder then normal weather for this time of year.

David

Not sure but looks like I missed this somehow, dang looks great.

Thanks mike for the like and the comment

It was a very good meal and cook/smoke. It was such a nice tender beef and the flavour was out of this world.

It was a great Throwdown and helped out a lot of folks on both sides of the border.

David

Late to the party David but that's one great looking meal and definitely deserving of your win.
Never had oxtail either but have been tempted 😬. Now YOU pushed me over the edge 😂! Local soul food eatery here serves it once a week with rave reviews but haven't had a chance to stop in.

Keith

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky