Help froze my meatloaf on accident :<(

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I put my bacon wrapped meatloaf in the freezer to firm up a bit and got a nasty migraine and crashed out. My loaf been in the freezer since last night around 5pm. I am planning on cookin it this evening after 8pm how should I treat it? i seen a kosmos video where they froze 2 loafs and just put em on the grill but I thought that was kinda whack.

Thanks guess i will just fridge it till later and check periodically. So i guess i am not the only one that thinks smoking frozen loafs is whak lol? here's pics gonna put some cow cover on it before popping it on grill. I put a mix of kosmos cherry habanero and ketchup on inside of weave before wrapping.

Attachments

• unwrapped.jpg
    unwrapped.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 12
  • waxwrap.jpg
    waxwrap.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I cook frozen burgers all the time, straight on to the kettle - indirect heat. I don't think think it's whack to put it right in a smoker or kettle with indirect heat, it'll just take longer.

LOL Thanks i did some googling this morning and seen people do some stuff frozen but i' am NOT a fan. i think frozen burger patties are fine i do that alot but for roasts and large cuts i just can't get with that lol. i do have an inkbird vaccum so i can always do what was suggested by you and bag it in cold water if i have too.

I think the weave turned out ok my first one not very hard to be honest :<).

Shouldn't be an issue, like Al said put it in the fridge and then smoke it up when ready.

Chris

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky