Habs...1st pick of the year.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Its early but this is the 1st pick of the year with MANY shortly.Gonna be a hell of a year.

1st 2 pics are what they look like and what some will become (last years powder).

The 3rd pic is me being stupid about 5mins ago...I ate that.Gonna pay for that.

Attachments

• 20200819_165808.jpg
    20200819_165808.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200819_172437.jpg
    20200819_172437.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200820_173145.jpg
    20200820_173145.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 32
I attempted eating a whole habanero ONCE. Trying it twice in my book would be insanity lol

I watched an electrician eat one like an apple on a bet . He was hurting .

I watched an electrician eat one like an apple on a bet . He was hurting .
I used to manage our customer service group. At that time I had a decent Nitro bass boat. I brought a small jar of picked habaneros to work one day. One of the guys I managed wanted to bet the boat that he could eat the entire jar in 5 minutes at his desk and then not leave his desk for a full hour for a drink or other food. I rolled he dice on it and bet the boat. That dude was in agony. His head turned red, he was uncontrollably drooling all over his self. He may have made it 10 minutes before vaulting to the bathroom. He went home for the day soon thereafter lol.

Its early but this is the 1st pick of the year with MANY shortly. Gonna be a hell of a year.
(Lots of brave adventures.)
A rabbit got my single Hab plant before closing the garden gate. I've got dehydrated to replace the fresh (almost the same).
I've got a couple Thai and Korean varieties in the garden that will make you doubt thinking Habanero is hot.

Here is a recipe for you. I usually double

Habanero Garlic Honey Pecans

Ingredients
5 cups Pecans
4 Large head Garlic
4 Large Habanero’s
1/4-Cup honey
1/4-cup oil
Kenny’s Seasoning

Cut heads off Garlic and Roast for 40 minutes at 400. Can just wrap in foil if do not have a garlic roaster. Let cool enough to handle. Toast peppers until start to turn black. I use my toaster oven set at 450 and put rack on top. Turn as needed. Will not take long. Wrap up for a few minutes in foil to steam. I try to take skin off but if it does not come off easy just leave on. Take most of seeds out. Be gentle. Squeeze garlic out into small container. Add peppers, honey and oil. Use a stick blender and blend until smooth. Add to pecans and stir up good. Spread pecans on sheet pan. I use silicon baking mats sprayed with oil. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with seasoning and stir. Sprinkle some more seasoning. Put back in oven. Check at about 8 minutes, as they burn easy. Remove from oven and put some more seasoning on. Need to put into a bowl right away. They will burn if you leave on sheet pan. Stir as they cool to keep from sticking too much. Enjoy

20200517_144250.jpg 20200517_153043.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
've got a couple Thai and Korean varieties in the garden that will make you doubt thinking Habanero is hot.

I've grown both ghost and scorpions many times and have also been stupid enough to eat those too!

Watch the REAL idiots on Youtube that take a drop of The Source and put it on their tongue.That's some real entertainment!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky