Did we do away with points?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was also very motivated by the point system,I think that it was the engine behind a lot of members.
And that was the problem,people begging for points or sitting in chat getting others to them to swap points.

I have been here for 4+ years and have never liked it, seen TOOOOOO many people with a dozen green tiles and several thousand posts, and they added very little if any to this forum. Most of them are gone, maybe this new format will take the rest of them.

And that was the problem,people begging for points or sitting in chat getting others to them to swap points.

I have been here for 4+ years and have never liked it, seen TOOOOOO many people with a dozen green tiles and several thousand posts, and they added very little if any to this forum. Most of them are gone, maybe this new format will take the rest of them.

you need to know, for a recipe to post I am about 1 hours busy

Translation from Dutch to English is not so obvious for me.it was a sign that you were appreciated

If it is good it is good,if it is bad it is bad

I am also  against Nepotism (if this is the right word)

Everyone like to receive a little appreciated

Quote:

To add to the inaccuracy of the last points system set up, many member lost all their points when the site went down about a year and a half ago, never to get them replaced; essentially started out as new members after having a few years of points accumulated.

Last edited:
I have met some really stupid people in my life...
Uhm...we've never met...
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

all of the BB-Q/smokin sites i have looked at to date, this "IS" the one i come too "ONLY" now....as far as those lil green boxes that were here on the old platform, they were the same set up on an R/C forum i joined....well people there took that as a game and super abused them by giving them to other, then taken them away....only difference there was they called that system a "reputation system" it was a joke there too, the good thing was you couldn't post rep to anyone but every 36 hours to keep the abuse down, lmao....i like the thumbs up system here
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
.........bob

I thought the point system was pretty cool, and really didnt notice any abuse going on.  The only bad thing I saw was a handfull of folks who would get points, but never hand them out. 

With that said,  the OTBS designation is the main way to judge credibility of a poster and what they bring to the table imho.

As far as points go.. I never personally had problem with it. I had quite a large number of folks who "complained" that it was being abused and another large crowd who loved it.

My POINT being.. if it were available on this platform we'd probably still have it. Since we now have a system that gives the points to the post rather than to the member, it's a moot point.

I think the thumbs could be just as good.. you make a good post and it gets lots of thumbs up, you know you did good.You can be proud
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Maybe in the future we can get them to design a feature that shows how many thumbs up each member has.

so the thumbs up rating in upper right corner is yours when someone gives you a thumbs up in that thread only or does it follow your name around like the points green boxes...........bob

nope it just stays with the thread you got it in, i just seen a member with a rating and looked at other posts from same member....no rating on other posts...........bob

so the thumbs up rating in upper right corner is yours when someone gives you a thumbs up in that thread only or does it follow your name around like the points green boxes...........bob

At this time, it is only giving points toward that specific post which is kudos to the person who wrote the post. There is no way that I know of to see how many thumbs up each person has received but hopefully they will add that feature soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky