Can you Identify this wood??? Please help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crownovercoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 30, 2007
Oak Grove, MO
I have a question about some wood my father got ahold of. I took pictures of it. He swears its cherry. I think its pecan or possibly walnut. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Attachment 3585

Attachment 3586

I dont want to smoke with it with out knowing for sure. He doesnt remember what the leaves looked like. I know this is limited info but if you could help I would appreciate it very much!!!
biggrin.gif

15cfc57c_vbattach13404.jpg

5215f991_vbattach13403.jpg

Looks more like cherry to me ... at any rate, it is hardwood and it will be great!

Take a small piece and burn it ... if it is cherry, you'll know right away!

Let us know what you find out?

Thank you for all of your imput. I guess I will chop it alittle and throw some on the grill and find out for sure before I use it for smoke.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky